Like Tree32Likes

Cycling fine

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Cycling fine

Anyone experience this? Basically stopped just a foot after the cycling lane (literally), which continues after the small road anyway. 5 useless pigs were hiding around the corner to catch people.

They took down my details and I supposedly now have to wait for a summons letter...

Has anyone any knowledge of the next steps? Do you actually have to go to the specified office to pay for the fine? What was the amount and is it worth contesting?

Thanks in advance

What's the charge? Riding on the pavement?

Yeah it was in Yuen Long along a quiet part of the track just after Nam Sang Wai. Looking back it seems I should have sped away as none of them would give chase I believe! The charge will be riding on the pavement. I have to wait for the summons to come through first so I'm not sure how much the fine is, but it's the principle of it really. Just ridiculous that there's far worse stuff they could be policing but they deliberately planned it during the Easter holidays

Plead guilty and pay the fine, not worth wasting time in court for this stuff.

chuckster007 and Gavster like this.

See Section g. $300 fine. Pay it, not worth the bother, or contest if you think you have a valid reason to ride on the pavement.

https://www.clic.org.hk/en/topics/co...ted_to_cycling

Gavster likes this.

Use your consumption voucher to pay. Easy come, easy go.

Didn’t know this was an offence. This is a revenue opportunity that far outweighs that for social distancing judging by the numbers using the pavements in Sai Kung every day.

Gavster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Didn’t know this was an offence. This is a revenue opportunity that far outweighs that for social distancing judging by the numbers using the pavements in Sai Kung every day.
    Bicycles should follow all the rules applicable to cars, plus a few specific ones, like helmets, hand signals, etc.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mpbk:
    Bicycles should follow all the rules applicable to cars, plus a few specific ones, like helmets, hand signals, etc.
    thanks. Large parts of NT have an impressive array of cycle routes. I do have some sympathy for people in areas that don’t/can’t but I do get frustrated on my walks around Sai Kung where an indignant cyclist dings his bell on a footpath. I now feel a bit vindicated with my usual response of ‘use the fucking road’.

I also have a lot of sympathy for OP if their scenario was as described. Laying in wait for cyclists, maskless hikers etc isn’t the actions of a police force that shows any intentions of trying to repair the damage to their image.

[QUOTE=ByeByeEngland;3865551Large parts of NT have an impressive array of cycle routes. [/QUOTE]

They are leisure routes, not daily use routes. The tunnels have bike routes, streets in Kowloon not having them. Big roads works going on the Saikung/Ho Chung area, and guess what - no bike lanes.

jgl likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast