Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By emx
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 2 Post By Tekupdate

Thule / Similar Bike Cases or Bags?

Thule / Similar Bike Cases or Bags?

Afternoon, I'm looking for a shop in HK where I can find a bikecase to take my roadbike with me on a trip. Anybody know where I could find this?

For reference. Doesnt have to be this exact case:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  46.9 KB

Best to buy one online, Taobao or Amazon.

Having said that I have been on bike tours to Japan and Taiwan, and many bikes are just shipped in the cardboard box it was originally packed in (most airlines do not seem to have a problem with this).

Tekupdate likes this.

iirc Sky Blue used to rent out bike cases, don't know if they still do that.

I've seen plenty of Evoc cases in HK, but can't remember where they came from. Sounds like maybe Flying Ball. Evoc is mainly mountain biking. I have no idea if things are different for road bikes.

https://data.evocsports.com/discover...orld/hong-kong

Tekupdate likes this.

Thanks for the tips.

Dropped by at Flying Ball today. They stock several Evoc models. The shop has quite a collection of bikes, accessories and they do bikefitting. Somewhat similar to Bullbike although staff at Flying Ball seems to be of a different breed. Guy who helped me actually knew what he was talking about, was friendly and took the time to actually have a conversation and understand what I’m looking for.

emx and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekupdate:
    Thanks for the tips.

Dropped by at Flying Ball today. They stock several Evoc models. The shop has quite a collection of bikes, accessories and they do bikefitting. Somewhat similar to Bullbike although staff at Flying Ball seems to be of a different breed. Guy who helped me actually knew what he was talking about, was friendly and took the time to actually have a conversation and understand what I’m looking for.
    Flying Ball was the bike shop in HK for decades/ Bull Bike is much newer, and mainly a front for a big distributor- I wouldn't trust any of their staff for advice on anything more complex than a tyre pump.