Like Tree10Likes

Considering a Smart #1 BRABUS

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    Phone app isn't available until 'second quarter', so I don't have it yet LOL
    Have Smart got the phone app working for you yet?

I've had no contact from them

emx likes this.

Best of luck given Benz is pulling back on EV development.
    China dominating the industry since they had a 10yr head start.

Quote Originally Posted by redslert:
    Best of luck given Benz is pulling back on EV development.
    China dominating the industry since they had a 10yr head start.
    Well good that the smart #1 is a Geely car and not a Benz then

Quote Originally Posted by newhkpr:
    Well good that the smart #1 is a Geely car and not a Benz then
    You do realize it is a joint venture where Benz has to pay Geely to build the cars.
    Unless Benz continues to market and sell the cars for a profit they are not going to develop this 'borrowed' platform where Geely will continue to use it on their own brands (Volvo, Zeekr). Without knowing the finer details I doubt the software was part of the joint venture because the other variants made by Geely already have an app for the cars.

Yes, I know that Benz 'pulled back'. I think the Geely cars are okay, I was going to get a Polestar 2 initially. The Benz EVs all look similar, just one bigger than the other. I would love to have the full functionality of the car and the app, but it is already more functional than all the other cars that I've had so far. If anything it does too much, I'm still manually checking blind spots etc. In any case, I don't see myself keeping this for long and will probably switch to a hybrid next which I think is a much more practical way to use less petrol.

My Model 3 was totalled last week by a truck, so I am looking at options to replace it now.

Oh dear. How about a Cybertruck, then get revenge?

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    Oh dear. How about a Cybertruck, then get revenge?
    Actually I would like a smaller car, since it is only me in the car 99% of the time, hence my question regarding the Smart phone app.

Revenge will be in court, sadly months away.

Maybe I should hassle the dealer for updates, but fingers crossed, the car has been okay. I've been impressed about how the estimated range of 400km is pretty bang on for my driving style during my commute. The instant torque has been fun in small doses even in comfort mode - I've had a bit of fun when ICE audis, porsches etc think they can undertake but I just gently close the gap in front, then they're stuck behind a slow lorry.

emx likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5