Finding and riding a motorbike in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Finding and riding a motorbike in HK

Any advice re my finding, riding, running and parking a motorcycle in HK ? I am thinking Honda Gold Wing or similar shape/size of hog - mainly for fun rather than daily transport. Never thought IO would say this, but am becoming more of a fair weather rider these days.

Thanks in advance,
    TD

Is that not a bit wide for HK's narrow roads? There's a reason why (relative to most city's) you don't see many bikes in HK!

riding bikes in Hong Kong

Hong Kong driver's are insane and they're unaccustomed to driving at high speeds, so be careful when you're going anywhere above 100kph. Also their vision isn't all that great, so be careful out there.

That being said, the guys out here drive slower and have less incidences of drunk driving. So in a sense, it is safer a little than back home in the US, where I'm from.

There are some good roads like the Peak, Lantau, Shek Oh, Big Wave Bay, Sai Kung, Cyberport. Good places to go late at night and break away from the city.

Dave

HK is great for riding a Bike

I live here for 4 years and discover 6 month ago after moving to saikung that HK is great place for bikes, parking is easy and free and the roads are good, there are also nice rides in the new teritories, saikung, ans other areas. Sunday morning is great time to ride.

you will be suprised from the large number of bikes, motorcycle clubs, and shops in HK. Prices are very low compare to other countries.

Unfortunatly we leave HK soon and I need to sell my bike (BMW F650GS)

I have a bike too, but no license as yet. Maybe we should start up a Geo Expat's biker group!
    A.

Geo Expat's biker group!<<

Sounds like a good idea

I had to go through the tests again to get my bike driving license here in HK because I couldn't convert my greek license :/ But I have to admit that the tests here were more difficult. Example, doing a figure 8 on a slope.

Just Bought a Bike !!!!!!

I have just registered a bike e Honda 150CBR....and i am finding it real difficult to get a licence here in hong kong i inquired about it with the transportation dept in admirality and according to them it is a 4 month long procedure where you have to join a moter bike riding school then take a few tests and all ...i have applied for ai nternational licence in my home country India ,,,am waiting for it ....

but again not sure wether you can ride a bike with an international licence issued in india !!!!!! and the parking charges are killing (1000$ in Hungham . )

You can't use an international driving license at the place of your residence.

Wink Geo Expat Bike club ?

Sounds like a go to me - will need to look into licensing issues tho' I have full bike license from UK so am hoping transfer is OK without extra testing etc.., looking forward to a 1st meet, say, Oct/Nov sometime ?

Hey Mr. moderator, Any chance of a new icon with a helmet on !!

TD.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast