2 day Car rental...where to go

2 day Car rental...where to go

Hi all,

My family is visiting me and I was thinking about trying to rent a car for 2 days and show them around. I am not sure which places shall I go to.

I want it to be the places so that having the car makes a difference (either in the commute or within the location itself). Places like ocean park/disney etc, where we are just going to park it and leave for the whole day, would not work.

Please recommend some good itienerary for 2 days of fun in HK. We are a married couple with a kid and the have a couple + 1 kid as a guest as home these days.

Thanks a lot

Drive along Tolo Highway and take the exit to Taipo heading towards Bridespool Road and find a nice spot near the Plover Cover Reservoir, bring along some food and charcoal BBQ. I highly recommend the spot near Chung Mei. Then drive to Luk Keng and Sha Tau Kok Road to Fanling. Stop by Luen Wo Hui and have the famous Chinese Pork Leg Noodle on Luen Cheung Street right next to the HKJC betting shop. Then head to Fanling Highway and San Tin Highway and go to Lau Fau Shan and have a nice seafood dinner. If you arrive early, you can drive to Pak Lai and enjoy the nice sun setting view before dinner.

On the second day, drive to Tai Mo Shan via Tsuen Kam Road very early morning and stop by Chuen Lung's country restaurant having dim sum. Then drive along Tsuen Kam Road and head towards Lam Kam Road and stop by Lam Chuen for the Forturne Wishing Tree.

thanks a lot. So are these places more of a natural spots (with little or no people , hopefully)? is there any specific thing to do at those places apart from resturaunts(hikes, etc?)

Can I rent cars with navigator ? is it common herE? i have the worst sense of direction and I fear driving without navigator would be tough. or would some good maps be enough (if navigator is verytough to get).
    any HK paper map yopu recommend?

thanks!

Basically, people are everywhere in Hong Kong with almost no exception. But, I would say visiting countryside in weekdays is much better (and quieter) than weekend.

And yes, what I recommended are on the nature side as you don't want to waste your rental car, right? You can certainly hikes near Chung Mei and Tai Mei Tuk at Pak Sin Leng Nature Path but hiking in those path will take some precious time off you day and really depends if the kids are to young. Another alternative is driving up to the Peak and walk along the Hong Kong Trail. It is all paved path and it will take only an hour or so walking to complete. Nice place for family with young.

I don't think Hong Kong car rental will have GPS for renting, furthermore, with so much highrise and interference, I doubt if the GPS will work in the city anyway. Personally, I am using the printed Map, Map King 2009, and you can get it in Page One or other major bookstore.

by the way, you can always use

http://www.centamap.com

for direction and I tried Google Map and some information about direction is wrong (Like telling you to make a U-Turn in a place where U-turn is not allowed)