Any car experts here?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

At the Volvo garage... looks like it needs 2 or 3 weeks rest and recovery.

I know nothing about vehicle though I used to work in a company with plenty of Volvo cars. Here's an advice from a friend of my who is a technician, not from Volvo but another brand:

ABS/EBD warning lamp "on" after warm-up with speedometer fail most of possible fault could be
    VSS(vehicle speed sensor)- fail or open/short circuit
    speedometer gear- worn out or not in good shape.

ABS warning lamp remain "on", you still can drive with
    standard brake system without ABS assist.
    But EBD warning lamp remain "on" is consider a major
    failure on brake system. It can cause your car rear
    wheel "lock" during you brake on a bend or less grip
    road condition. immediately inspection and repair is
    necessary.

Hope this could help.

OEM Volvo parts.

Do you know where I can buy OEM Volvo parts? How do I get there by Metro and bus. Do they have websites and emails?

There is a spare parts department in Kwun Tong service centre. Check this Contact Us - Footer - www.volvocars.com/hk

MTR Ngau Tau Kok is the nearest one. Go towards the Industrial area it's the Hoi Bun road, just face to the old airport. Around 10-15min walking distance. Or take a taxi from LamTin MTR.

OEM parts not genuine parts.

Seems like the company you referred to me is an outlet which sells genuine parts and not OEM parts. Anyways, I am sure their parts are much cheaper than those sold in the Philippines, genuine or OEM. Thanks a lot.

Not likely to get a lot of OEM / Fakes for volvo as the demand is not that high. The OEM / Fakes ... you'll get them for most Japanese cars for sure.