Like Tree3Likes

Driving in Lantau

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Yes - I actually just signed up for it myself. I saw none in South Lantau (two in Tung Chung, I guess you could always message them and ask!). But there are many cars in other places, eventually someone in South Lantau will sign up! Or you could buy a car, get the permit and rent it out yourself for the 90% of the time you don't need it! It seemed all of the reasonably priced cars were being rented every weekend judging from the date of each review....

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    What is it about a policy to restrict the number of cars on in a place with basically one narrow, very windy, road (often filled with cows and hikers) that makes people want to flout it?
    It's like telling a toddler not to do something

Or it might be because it's one of the best roads in Hong Kong. I find it funny that you bring up cows and hikers as if I am unable to process them and would simply plough right through. The road is so criminally underused that a few outlaws now and then shouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

Oh and you just described every road in Hong Kong (replace cows with Alphards)
    Last edited by Akael; 04-12-2014 at 10:52 PM.

one of the best roads in HK driven on by people with little common sense... so many double white line jumpers there!actually I blame the gubbermint for putting zoo many double whites every where... like the boy that cried wolf they seem to get ignored...

Last edited by scrambler; 05-12-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    From what I have seen whilst being on the 3M bus in South Lantau, there do not appear to be any cameras, automatic enforcement cameras, or checkpoint barriers - unless someone knows otherwise?
    Police regularly hang out on Tung Chung road and check. I dont know how frequent as I dont live there but I have been stopped once or twice while riding with friends (yes, they had permits).

Ask your car owning neighbors - they should know better.

Thanks. Riding as in Motorbiking through there?

I have a full motorbike licence too and figured it would be a very interesting - if challenging - biking route

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

maybe its too interesting... u have the bus drivers who can drive the route with their eyes closed...
    u have potential cattle around blind corners... so u should ride slowly - but then u will get the ire of island drivers - who assume the the double whites are only advisory and since the road is usually quiet then overtaking into a blind corner is 'probably' ok..

or they so far up your arse - you can take this corner MUCH faster than that...

route twiske is better perhaps and if u tag it onto bridespool u have a pretty epic one - tho I wouldnt do either of those late at night anymore - not after the number of wipe outs from cars I've seen up there..

Thanks. I'll stick to trying it in a car first and maybe think about a bike later!

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Is there any process to get two Closed Road Permits per household in South Lantau?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5