Like Tree7Likes

HK driving license to China driving license

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

HK driving license to China driving license

Just curious if anyone has gone through the process of converting a HK driver's license to a China driver's license. I know you can do it in Guangzhou, but I can't find any information online. What are the associated fees?

Thank you

"HKID card + HK dl" holder can obtain the mainland dl via direct issue arrangement w/ Guangdong Province
    DiY guide(in chinese) @ Shenzhen: ~3 business days in hand if paid the "EMS" option ~HK$6xx OR pay ~HK$1,500 to some school

Last edited by humanbeing; 23-10-2009 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing:
    "HKID card + HK dl" holder can obtain the mainland dl via direct issue arrangement w/ Guangdong Province
    DiY guide(in chinese) @ Shenzhen: ~3 business days in hand if paid the "EMS" option ~HK$6xx OR pay ~HK$1,500 to some school
    Hey, I can't read the Chinese guide, but could you help me exlpain a little more. So it is ~$600 for EMS, what does EMS mean? And why is it much cheaper than going through a school? Also, the school link you sent was in English and it appears that it costs $5400 and not $1500. Where is the $1500 figure you are seeing?

Thanks!

In that DIY guide /Post #49 & 72 are in English (transalation by google) :
    Mon-Fri: 0800 -1700 map

HK$40 (roundtrip) coach to border @ Sheung Shui / taxi OR bus #14 to the hospital & "dept"
    -
    Photo copies of "3 documents" in same A4 paper: HKid + HK DL + passport
    the "form" can downloaed from [url=http://www.stc.gov.cn]
    EMS to HK: 21RMB
    480RMB for a 6 yr DL
    -
    30RMB for the photo aka "barcode A4 receipt" (the specific shop upload to the govt database, so bring ur own is meaningless )
    Physical examination (Liu Hua Hospital): 24RMB

There's also package (~100rmb) from little store around that dept : Filled govt form/ Physical examination (Don't ASK why- tic) cert / photo/ photocopies
    What u need is just bring the cert /receipt/form/ copies & PAY the govt fee in the Dept.
    -
    $5400!!!!. Bring a Cantonese speaker & negotiate the $$$. $1500 is the averge rate for local. There's also many school had these service.

Last edited by humanbeing; 23-10-2009 at 12:59 PM.
    timonoj likes this.

Thanks humanbeing

Can anyone recommend an agency who can take care of the whole process of converting a HK driving licence to a China guangdong driving licence (without having to make a trip to Shenzhen)? Thanks

So if I get this license, does that mean I can drive in shanghai? or any other part of china?

thanks all

i remember seeing an advert in some shop in Sham Shui Po, near Ap Liu Street across Dragon Centre, they were charging 4K+ to help you get it converted. Must try to remember where and if i see it again will take a pic and post it up here.

It's about $600 at leekin. They are currently advertising on the back of trams.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast