Motorbike theft

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

yeah u can - it costs waaaay more to comprehensively insure -
    aound 10K a year? -

if i buy myself that speed triple I may consider ..

I like your style just keep bike dirty and rusty - who gonna want it?!

lower maintenance too hehe!

i had a speed triple when i first moved here, sold it in favor or a SM style bike. the triple was too much power and the suspension too stiff to realistically use here. fantastic bikes though!

won't be going the way of theft insurance! i can buy a scooter for that!

i scored my hornet for around 25K - theft insurance is ridiculously expensive for a bike of that price - almost a robbery in itself!!!

why's so expensive here? HK has a fairly low crime rate? I did see some statistics some where - (ibike?) and had district numbers etc

I mostly park in the office garage at work.. and home is a remote location but no garage- I do chain front ad back to railings.. and cover er up -

Are those GPS locators and alerters any use here?

I would still be so upset at a theft!!!

same here and Japan to be honest, theft insurance is so expensive because there is just simply too much of it.
    in HKG it is also too easy to break the bike down and sell it off for parts or even rebuild it in another country, and too quick.
    i don't imagine GPS trackers would be of much use in the case... the bikes don't stay here long enough i would guess and would probably be found when the take the bike apart.

Quote Originally Posted by pablopicasso
    Folks, My bike (Honda Hornet 600 Grey color) was stolen from the public parking near laguna city last friday. The registration is LR8794. I am hoping someone will spot it and call me on my mobile (+852 63913491). Needless to say , please do let me know if you see it being offered for sale anywhere at all.

Thanks
    really sorry to hear this, will keep an eye out for it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2