Motorbike theft

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Motorbike theft

Folks, My bike (Honda Hornet 600 Grey color) was stolen from the public parking near laguna city last friday. The registration is LR8794. I am hoping someone will spot it and call me on my mobile (+852 63913491). Needless to say , please do let me know if you see it being offered for sale anywhere at all.

Thanks

My guess is that it was on the mainland with an hour of being stolen. Previous discussions here have highlighted a very high rate of motorbike theft and transport to that market.

@PDLM

Ya, I guess you are right..I was told by the police that bigger bikes fetch better prices when split into parts..I am so sad..

most likely it is on its way to Taiwan. When Taiwan opened up its CC cap, bigger bikes started disappearing much faster in HK.

My younger brothers got his nicked as well as a mate of mine, both parked it on the public motorcycle parking area. worst thing about my mates was that his 600cc ninja, he had only bought it for 3 months and was still paying the installment when it got nicked.

even if you park it in a private monthly parking spot its still not safe, they drive in with a van, pick a bike and roll it in the back and then drive out. car park is NOT liable for theft (WTF) as they have signs put up saying that. so either way your still screwed.

Last edited by wtbhotia; 15-12-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: spelling errors

a mate of mine used to laugh at me when we parked our bikes. i had a big chain, brake lock, alarm and a u-lock thru the back wheel. All of these i knew would only take 5minutes to get around (even the chain around a pole), but it was 5mins most guys would not bother with when there were so many other easy targets about. Anyway, my mates bike got stolen from next to mine. His bike was just a CB400, but it was easy bait.

insurance is expensive when you pay it every year, but it's a welcome expense when you need to fall back on it. As far as i'm concerned, if i didn't insure, the money not spent on premiums would not go into savings, but on some other expense, so when the time came to replace a stolen bike out of "savings" from not insuring, there'd be no savings. in saying that, my current vehilce only has third party, but that's b/c the premium and the excess together are a bee's dick shy of the cost of the vehicle.

I know it's no voice of sympathy (though i am sympathetic at your loss), but i do hope you were insured!

man that totally sucks!

a matter close to my heart too..

a) I work in kwun tong - opposite laguna...

b) i ride a grey hornet 600!

hope u get it back!

did u have it locked up at the time? sometimes I forget

its a real pisser - cos it's not possible to get theft insurance here as far as I know? that would blow if you had a HP deal -

I know that cos my iphone died and they said the warranty was void cos I had sweated on it.....still paying that off ( hey thats another thread! )

I will keep eyes peeled

Good to read responses...

I know it might sound silly but its good to read sympathetic responses. All the sympathy till now was from the police (Chinese to eng) interpreter at the Police station where they took 4 hrs to complete the report and process..

Even I had only 3rd party. comprehensive for this bike was HKD8K (thats like 30% of its value). So total loss.

I had a disc lock in front and a padlock at the back and am absolutely certain it was locked. As luck would have it, I went to the parking last wed to take it to work, but it started raining, so I know for a fact it was there. Thurs again was drizzling and friday when I reached, I had a minor heart attack...

Anyways, folks please take care of your respective vehicles...

I reckon they scoped it out over a couple of days?

who else has had a bike nicked here? i see theres a section on ibike - unfortubately I dont read chinese -
    but there are daily posts

I had 2 stolen in the UK in the space of a few months - one from a mates garden even! ( i was parking there everyday )

I chain mine to the wall and keep it covered - dont suppose it helps much tho

Dude I'm sorry to hear some shady fooker stole your ride. I ain't been in HK year years but I'm coming back in the new year.

RIGHT then... Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna be bringing my chain from the UK! It's an Almax Immobiliser III chain; should deter most people in HK, just the same as it does in Europe.

can you even get theft insurance here in HKG? i tried a couple of years ago and could not find anyone to insure me... so i sold my nice bike and bought an older cheaper bike. i worry less now...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast