Parking in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Parking in Hong Kong

Okay, being tired of waiting and walking, I got a car, and find myself so stressed with driving and parking in Hong Kong. Hong Kong has the most confusing roads, but that can be another thread. I am here to seek information on parking places in Hong Kong. Are there any maps on the internet or stores that shows all the parking garages in Hong Kong and how much the hourly rate is?

Thanks!

consider getting a motorbike - free parking - the nearest alley way - or even legit street parking..

( check ibike.com.hk - maps for bikers..)

no to traffic jams - and way more economical.

and yes the one way systems are hell here!

Since nobody has actually addressed the OP's question so far:

• The Yellow Pages map has some information on parking places, but I am not sure how comprehensive it is - and the site can be a dog...
    • The local Wilson Group site has a list of all the parking garages operated by Wilson/Vinci
    • Almost all of the bigger malls and hotels have parking garages or valet services, respectively

parking a car has to be the worst thing here.. can see how u get stressed - its possibly slower than public transport when u factor that in..

i did the maths and it's cheaper for me to just to get cabs every where when u feel the need... 2 parking spots a month how much?

also way more convenient..

maybe u should just hire a driver? that might actually be cheaper than parking even

Last edited by audiot; 04-01-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Last edited by dtb; 04-01-2010 at 10:36 AM.

All of the hard copy street directories sold at all good Hong Kong book stores ( Page One ), mention where all the car parks, Petrol Stations, Hospitals, Police Stations etc etc etc - are, all part of studying your driving route, before you hit the road. HK has a tiny concentration of roads, once you figure out the one way streets of inner Kowloon and densely populated area's of HK Island, Causeway Bay for example, it gets easier as you improve orientation/geographic memory.

I enjoy driving in HK, and you will also, once you gain more experience out there.

Relax mate.. its all good... basically parking is everywhere you would really want to go... I have never had a problem finding parking in HK...

In terms of confusing roads, I agree on that, but give yourself some time and you will get use to it... or maybe a good thing to do is go out around midnight one night for a drive around and get urself familiar with the roads. Goodluck