Driving on the Left and other Vehicular Affronts

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

matt's suggestion...good if you cna afford paying off all those you hit/fix your car on a daily basis. i'm left handed on top of it all and so my field of vision tends to veer to the right anyway (like in an FPS game where your character holds weapons on the left, i guess).
    can't even begin to imagine manual...that would be suicidal for me...

even signalling was a pain: kept turning the wipers on by accident. probably those witnessing though they were seeing HK's sole motorized rainman.

Quote Originally Posted by tx75070:
    One thing that is frustrating is if you miss your turn, you are screwed. I hate being able to see where you need to go, but not knowing how to get there.
    I have exactly the same problem. It's difficult for me to find my way. How do new comers in HK get round this problem? Please share any useful tips / recommendations / maps / books or whatever with me! Thanks.

maybe change for a motorbike !

>> kept turning the wipers on by accident.

Been there done that ... when we switched from an asian car to a european car a couple of years ago.

why do asian and euro models, both LHD, have the wipers on opposing sides?

as for finding your way, it's lane alignment that gets you, i guess the only thing you can do is hang in there and get used to it and pray you never need to move to a RHD locale.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartampion:
    maybe change for a motorbike !
    Even worse... Serious life endangerment.

>> pray you never need to move to a RHD locale.

One big reason that I stopped renting cars on a US trips... I turned into the wrong lane while leaving the rental parking lot. (after about 20 hours of travel time)

Emotionally cheaper for me to get taxis and stay closer to where my meetings are.

well, i meant what happens if you decide to move BACK to your original region of driver training? a lot or re-re-adjustment i'd imagine.