Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia

obtaining my driving license

Closed Thread

obtaining my driving license

hello guys

i just need some information. im a complete beginner in driving and i want to obtain my driving license. i want to drive an auto

sofar, i have been to the licencing offices and obtained my learners license. the person working there also told me to apply for my written test? i told him i dont know anything about driving and asked him:

if i should take driving lessons before applying for the written test or can i do my written test regardless?

and at this point, i have no idea what he said. he told me many people apply for their learners and written test at the same time. anyway so i told him i'll have a think about it.

so should i just apply for my written test regardless of not knowing anything about driving or should i take my lessons first and then apply? they have given me a road users guide (yellow booklet) which i have read. is this sufficient enough?

please help. thank you!

P.S. i am doing this process privately and def. not planning to do it through a school.

Last edited by ZIGGAS; 20-04-2010 at 09:55 PM.

The written test is fairly easy. Just read the booklet, memorize the signs, and also any loose inserts they give on drunk driving etc. And you should be fine.

I quite like drunk driving. Particularly whilst playing GTA.

20 questions multiple choice written test, u pass that then u can go and learn, find a private instructor (HK$150 per hour but u only get 45mins), min u have to pay them 10 hours.

book the instructors car for the road test.

road test:
    L parking or parrell parking depending on your address, go out on the road up a hill, stop in middle of hill, do a hill start, then go onto another road, do a 3 point turn and then return back to the starting point.

very easy. always exagrate looking into rear view mirrors, turn your whole head side to side, look back as well, dont just turn your eye, u need to make sure your examiner can see u do it.

Hoeksel likes this.