Like Tree7Likes

nearest/cheapest air connection from HK to a extraordinary white sandy beach?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by susey:
    thanks for the web page. bintan seems to be a good choice to go - flight is not too long to singapore and cheap and it takes about 45 minutes with ferry, I've read in some articles. you're right, HK's beaches are fine but I think they are in no way comparable with the really white sandy ones (i love the lonely island feeling ) in bintan or other islands.
    you can get very lonely islands in HK (there are over 250 in total) :-) but I get your point.

For cheap flights you will find plenty when you come here

check AirAsia, Tiger Airways and a few others.

forget SanYa. it just looks great in the brochure.
    many beaches in HK are better than that

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    forget SanYa. it just looks great in the brochure.
    many beaches in HK are better than that
    Have you been smoking weed or something?

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Personally, I find the Philippines poor value in terms of food and accommodation however people are very friendly and English is more widely spoken. Still, I much prefer going to Thailand largely because of the food which is usually very cheap and superb and the choice of places to stay is greater and generally of a higher standard for similar prices. China is always interesting but language is sometimes an issue, I find the hotels tend to be a bit more expensive and sometimes not very well maintained, the food isn't always great and can be a little bland to my taste. You also need visas...

Vietnam is another nice alternative but you have to get a visa and you have to wait for a special on flights. Malaysia is another possibility when they have a deal to KL, Air Asia often does but then you have to travel a bit to get to a beach. The nicer ones are on the East Coast, Tioman island is a very nice place. Out of Singapore, you can also take a ferry to some of the Indonesian islands Batam and Bintan but I think these places are a bit boring...
    This is great advice Susey. Thailand is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    This is great advice Susey. Thailand is where it's at.
    yes it is!! today i looked for flights to phuket.... very cheap, exactly my budget anybody tips for the best island to go there?

Malaysia, East Coast and outlying islands like Pulau Tioman or Pulau Rendang. Cheap, clean, safe and picture postcard beaches. Not so much for party animals though, but if you just want to relax and do some watersports/diving it's worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Have you been smoking weed or something?
    well, if you tell me what qualifications you have to talk about Sanya then I will be happy to answer your funny question

Quote Originally Posted by susey:
    yes it is!! today i looked for flights to phuket.... very cheap, exactly my budget anybody tips for the best island to go there?
    phi phi island is superb!! really out of this world snokelling

If you are going in the winter or early spring make sure to check the weather/ temperature for Hainan/ Sanya. I remember it being a bit chilly and not great beach weather when I was last there a couple years ago. For affordable beaches with warm weather year round stick to Thailand or the Philippines.

If you are on a budget then try Koh Samet (not to be confused with Koh Samui) in Thailand. It's a small island in Rayong province, easily accessible from Bangkok. Lovely white sand beaches, cottages right on the beach, it's really beautiful...
    koh samet - Google Search