Like Tree2Likes

Where in HKG, do they sell reasonable quality and priced furniture

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where in HKG, do they sell reasonable quality and priced furniture

Where in the whole of Hong Kong, do they sell kitchen and toilet furniture, cupboards, shelves etc of reasonable quality and price, preferably higher quality than IKEA ? In the UK, a large chain called MFI sold all furnitures of reasonable quality generally higher than IKEA. Essentially, MFI is reasonably priced too.

Thanks in advance for advice

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Go to Lockhart Road in Wanchai; you'll see shop after shop selling kitchen stuff and bathroom stuff.

Lol you do know that MFI stood for Made For Idiots And went into receivership.
    The quality was terrible also as the cupboards were made of chipboard not proper wood.

Look at Ulferts or Tequila Kola if you want higher quality

Flyrice and Claire ex-ax like this.

Lockhart Road in Wan Chai, Portland Street and nearby in Mongkok for pre-made stuff ranging in quality from cheap and cheerful to high-end European designer stuff.

The big furniture warehouse in Ap Lei Chau.

Custom-made in the normal areas - Queen's Rd E and North Point on HK side, Kowloon City, the Shatin furniture mall on Kowloon side to name but a few.

Maybe MFI has changed over the years but it always used to be cheap chipboard stuff pretty similar to Ikea in terms of quality. Places similar to Ikea include Seahorse, Pricerite etc. You can also get similar stuff in department stores like Jusco.

IKEA have different ranges depending on your budget, if you have the $$$ they do have a better quality more expensive range.

mfi is even worst than ikea ( even compared to their low end products), i recall my friend buying a wardrobe from them, instructions which require the enigma machine to understand, 2000 extra parts which are not mentioned in the instructions neither we knew what to do with it, missing parts and panels which are needed for construction, joints which involve screwing in to chip board with no bolts supplied and plastic fixtures which break after a few weeks.

he regrets going there and wish he could be bothered going to ikea which is 10 miles further.

I recalling buying a sofa bed where the matress sags ( like a bean bag) after a day or so, you can even feel the metal structure/frame

Last edited by imparanoic; 18-03-2011 at 01:50 PM.

ps, imo. pricerite is of similar quality to mfi

ikea is cost effective, reasonable quality and stylish.

If your criteria for furniture includes reasonably-priced and quality I'd recommend used - that's assuming you are patient and flexible. Lots of expats coming and going and much of their furniture stays behind in HK. You'll likely be able to find good deals for furniture far better than Ikea.

DSC is were the locals go and they are better quality than Ikea. They sell a good selection of beds, sofas, shelves, tv units, wardrobes, chest of drawers and office chairs etc. I find them reasonably priced as well. They have a good few branches throughout Hk inc in Kowloon, NT and Island side.
    I went to the one in Prince Edward and found everything i needed there.
    however i didn't notice any toilet and kitchen furniture.

I definitely did not find the furniture centre in Ap Lei Chau reasonably priced. yes there were "some" bargains but they were far and few between!!! i definitely wouldn't be going there for "reasonably" priced furniture!!

i agree with other posters, MFI were awful!!! i once bought a kitchen from them and they didn't install it well, to cut the story short: never again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast