Like Tree5Likes

Cheapest Appliances in HK (Value)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Cheapest Appliances in HK (Value)

Hi!

I need a few things for my flat and I want to know where can I find the cheapest appliances (ie hoovers, hair dryer, microwave, iron, toaster... ) I am pretty sure that should be a street or shopping centre with a lot of shops of this type. I am not interested in brands only cheap prices.
    If you are from UK I am looking for "tesco value" "smart price" "argos value" or no brands appliances

Thanks

Last edited by jlm.dominguez; 12-05-2011 at 09:52 PM.

the cheapest appliance is yourself and your girlfriend or wife.

Hi try going to DSC to check out the local brands. Most are average but if you are not fussy, it should be fine.

One thing to note, some don't work very well but last forever so it'll be a challenge of minds if u want to throw it out after a year or so.

veena19 likes this.

Fortress, Broadway, bigger branches of ParknShop and Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    the cheapest appliance is yourself and your girlfriend or wife.
    what an answer, if you can't help other, don't distract and confuse. Member is asking for genuine help and someone is putting a non-sense reply.

Someone has already give answer of DSC, other is Pricerite, check website or go to the store.
    City store at Tsuen Wan, Yuen Long, Ma On Shan, Tseung Kwan, Tai Kok Tsui
    JUSCO $ 10 store in at various places

You can go to IKEA also, its not always cheap but sometime you get few things are good price.

If you're adventuresome and a frugal fanatic, like me, then look around less expensive neighborhoods like Sham shui po or yau ma tei for appliance shops. I found appliances for 1/3 of the price of places like fortress or pricerite. Everything is still working! - except an oven purchased from pricerite/japantown (can't remember which) I've also seen Welcome supermarket sometimes has low priced small appliances.

Definitely go to Japan Home (they are everywhere) or the JUSCO $10 store. Japan Home has a lot of decent priced appliances and not all stores have the same stuff.

Japan Home Centre

Japan Home Center sells garbage, absolute garbage.

Sham Shui Po - Apliu Street

Dare I say it? Shenzhen?

Where do you live? I know a really cheap appliance shop on Butterfly Estate in Tuen Mun, it's actually accessed from the wet market, I've bought a toaster and kettle from there which work fine and were less than 100HKD each.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast