Like Tree6Likes

Where Can I Buy Affordable, Nice Men's Dress Shirt?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where Can I Buy Affordable, Nice Men's Dress Shirt?

Hi I am new to HK and I searched through the forum but I failed to find what I was looking for. I look for stores that I can buy affordable, quality men's dress shirts (like those from T.M Lewin if any of you from UK) Something like 5 shirts for 1000HKD and I get to pick collar, cuff, color. Is there any store close to this?

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate your help.

5 shirts for $1000 type deals will be pretty crap quality to be honest.
    Go to a tailor and do some searches on here for recommendations, I cant give you any tailor advice as I buy off the peg.

I buy my shirts and suits from creative tailor. He is the arcade below the standard chartered building in central.
    Shirts range between 150 - 700 each depending on the quality of the material. My advice would be to get one made to see whether you are happy with the quality. Normally takes 4 days after one fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by redcasio:
    (like those from T.M Lewin if any of you from UK) Something like 5 shirts for 1000HKD.
    I just came back from SG and saw this Lewin stuff in every mall. I know European brands charge ridiculous prices in Asia, but their 'special offer' is 3 shirts for the equivalent of 2000 HKD....

I used to buy shirts from Lewin's on Jermyn Street. You will struggle to find anything of the same quality here regardless of budget.

TM Lewin will ship worldwide. At a quick look, the saving in not paying VAT is about the same as the delivery charge, so if you know you size it would seem to me that the best thing to do would be to just order online.

I am sadly disaapointed. Thanks everyone. I will shop something when I visit London.....

I threw out almost all my shirts when I was about to move to HK, expecting I would easily find something better. Stupid move ( d**n it!)

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    I used to buy shirts from Lewin's on Jermyn Street. You will struggle to find anything of the same quality here regardless of budget.
    Are you suggesting that a good tailor doing a custom shirt wont be able to beat off the Lewin rack?

Seems a bit hard to believe, but I'm willing to be convinced.

I (used to) buy all my shirst from my favorite scam artist on Mody road when I had to wear shirts...

HC

try Brooks brothers

I used to buy only Lewin in Singapore, unfortunately they don'y have a store here. I bascially just gave one of my Lewin shirts to a tailor and told them to copy it exactly. Came to about the same price as Lewin off the rack, but I had to wait a week for the fitting and another week for delivery. Pretty happy with the results, though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast