Like Tree6Likes

Cheapest Areas In Hong Kong To Live

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    16 square ft apartment, oh my god!!
    And costs HK$3000 a month. Not so cheap.

(I hope people realise that the video is a sarcastic take on Queen's Cube in Wanchai).

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    16 square ft apartment, oh my god!!
    That video was hilarious. I read about it this morning in the SCMP; it was (hopefully obviously) meant to be a parody. The person who created it is a rather attractive young woman who recently graduated from CUHK. Very funny. I liked the bit at the end where they dinner jacketed guy comes back to his 'stylish' 16.4 sq foot flat. Thanks for posting East Coast.

it's a piss take on the queen's cube

Actually according to the bog post, the video was made as a demo to show the public the tactics real estate agents use to upsell properties.

dear giant likes this.

The way the Government allows the quoting of gross area that includes who-knows-what is either incompetence or collusion (to bump up land sales values).

I hope the girl got an A+ in her arts project

Regardless if the girl was attractive or not, ( FT ) which has absolutely no bearing on her ability to produce/direct a humorous parody of how property developers promote their properties in Hong Kong.

I agree with East Coast also, she deserves an A + for this cheeky parody piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Regardless if the girl was attractive or not, ( FT ) which has absolutely no bearing on her ability to produce/direct a humorous parody of how property developers promote their properties in Hong Kong.

I agree with East Coast also, she deserves an A + for this cheeky parody piece.
    Oh, I'm sorry I offended you, Skyhook, by objectifying that poor girl. I hope you both recover from my blatant sexism.

Excellent video with some great lines. I liked the lift being designed to look like the 1970s for those into nostalgia. Definitely an A+

It was SO good I was not 100% sure it really was a parody .. that guys had such a straight face! Is Queens Cube really that small too?

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    That video was hilarious. I read about it this morning in the SCMP; it was (hopefully obviously) meant to be a parody. The person who created it is a rather attractive young woman who recently graduated from CUHK. Very funny. I liked the bit at the end where they dinner jacketed guy comes back to his 'stylish' 16.4 sq foot flat. Thanks for posting East Coast.
    That was not only funny but yes, extremely well done and presented! I had no idea watching it what the motivation behind the video was but wondered where it was going and what was behind it. The young woman has done a neat job of making that place look livable. It was giving me claustrophobia looking at the width of the hall ways.

Whereas we in the west make the need for standards for low cost accommodation so high making low cost unaffordable, HK is at the ridiculous end of the spectrum with cage flats and this kind of thing. It blew me away that the flat I had in a new building was listed at 504 sq ft when it is far smaller than the older building I am in now at 463 and 2 BR. Good thing I now dont have a balcony as that was counted in the other unit and I suspect part of the hall way.

FT thinks the young woman is attractive - so what. This is not a forum where you need to be that politically correct.
    dear giant likes this.