Best beer/cocktail deals in Hong Kong? Happy Hour specials welcome...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

30 dollar cocktails at Cicada (along the escalator, just above Hollywood Rd) from 3-8pm daily. There is also another place a few doors up from there (Shelley's?) where I spotted the same deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ps134:
    funny here in N America, happy hours usually mean not so happy ie 4-6 pm After that its double the price. PS134
    Then move to HK.

Love Cicada. Great cocktails and good tapas style food. My Fav.

I like The Phoenix for happy hour. Good cocktails, food always good. Wish they had a happy hour for the food as well!

cheapest beer in town

My local freezer food shop (D**) - not going to be accused of advertising.

5 x 330ml cans Qindao beer = HKD11.50 and has been for the last 6 momths ( previously 4 for 10 dollars ). To paraphrase - Every little drop helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nassaugirl:
    30 dollar cocktails at Cicada (along the escalator, just above Hollywood Rd) from 3-8pm daily. There is also another place a few doors up from there (Shelley's?) where I spotted the same deal.
    Sorry to quote myself, but I took my own advice and tried the $30 cocktails at Shelley's and they were terrible!

my fave HH

1. grappas! basement of the jardine house all draft beer and house wines are BOGO, and rail liquor is double shots!
    2. for a bit fancy La Loggia in Agnes B in IFC, champagne, cocktails and beers are BOGO from 3-8
    3. Frites in Central- draft beers are 1/2 off, get a nice cold leffe brun for $25, can't beat that
    4. Psychic Jacks on Friday (gay bar, but everyone is so nice) if you sign up for their emails they send a pw on friday and if you say it at the door the first drink is on them and they serve free apps during HH