buying Contacts

Closed Thread

buying Contacts

Hello

I am looking for a place to buy contacts that is resonably priced. I know that when I purchase glasses that the eye exam is included in the cost for the glasses. I was curious if buying contacts is the same?

thanks for your help.

Yes generally. For all the 12 years I have been here I have got mine from Lenscrafters (or The Optical Shop as it was known previously). They are probably not the cheapest, but they have always been happy to do quite lengthy eye tests and examinations whenever I've requested it for no extra charge and I've been very happy with the service. There are quite a few branches around; I generally use the Pacific Place one as it happens, but I've been to others on occasion - they have a single computer system with all your data whichever branch you go to.

Do you by chance remember how much you paid for them? when i buy glasses i pay between $150-400 HKD depending on the frame of course.

The price of lenses depends on the brand, the prescription (torics for astigmatism are more expensive than normal lenses) and, most importantly, whether you get daily disposables or monthlies (with all the hassle they entail). For simple daily disposables the cost is about HK$5 per lens, for torics about HK$8.

lol alright I am sold. I am in the US now and its a pain in the arse to get contacts here, it cost more than it should.