Like Tree5Likes

Frugal lunch/dinner spots in Central?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

in IFC downstairs floor from the airport express check-in, i like frey ford. good burgers sets and pasta sets for ~50 HKD

Original Post Deleted
    had no idea. is that near the MTR exit somewhere?

When you leave the MTR exit into Landmark, take a left as you enter and keep walking to the end and take a right. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Is that the same as Green River? If it isn't, then I'd recommend Green River on Stanley Street to the OP, kind of across the street from Holly Brown Coffee..
    No. Cheem Jai Gee is the name of the Wellington St restaurant (I think, sorry my Chinese colleagues refer to both as Cheem Jai Gee). The branch on Stanley Street is across from Green River and walk towards Western end of street, just before Shek Ban Gai (cobblestone steps street). If you hit the escalaator you've gone to far.

wizardofoz

for chinese food:

the daipaidong mentioned by dreadnought is cheap and fast.

congee shop along gilman's bazaar

mak an kee wanton noodles on wing kut street
    Mak An Kee Noodle - Guangdong Noodle/Rice Noodle in Central - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

kam wah roast meat on jubilee street
    Kam Wah - Guangdong Noodle/Rice Noodle in Central - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

dumpling yuan (they have two stalls on wellington street)
    Dumpling Yuan - Beijing in Central - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

wang fu (also on wellington street)
    Wang Fu - Beijing Chinese Restaurant in Central - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

if you ever have the time to queue, sing heung yuen tomato soup noodles (opposite kau kee) is worth a try.
    Sing Heung Yuen - Hong Kong Style Tea Restaurant in Central - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

or walk to sheung wan's hillier street. lots of reasonably priced local food like sang kee congee.

for dinner (i'm not sure whether they open for lunch), you could try leaf dessert or the noodle shop opposite it
    Leaf Dessert - Hong Kong Style Dessert Dai Pai Dong in Central - Hong Kong Restaurants Guide HK Restaurant - OpenRice in English

Kiwi Girl likes this.