Like Tree6Likes

Cheap haircut

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

And what about girls? How much will it cost?
    Haircut, change of color...

Quote Originally Posted by RMDNC:
    You folks could end up with someone putting a soup bowl over your head and trimming the sides. Surely your hairstyle is worth more than a beer in LKF.
    That's exactly what you end up getting lol or the number 2 comb of a set of clippers, true mainland accountant, crop top style.hahahahahahhaa no idea how to layer properly, and they cant die non Asian hair to save their lives over here.

Don't ever ask to have blonde highlights out here, you'll end up looking like Chris Evans... Scary as to how pathetically bad hairdressers are here.

I was so happy to get a proper haircut in, Kensington ( London ) recently, by a continental European immigrant too haha, which was excellent ! ( £12) which I was happy to pay, or the eqv price of a pub meal at the Devonshire Arms ( beer garden ) in Marloes road.

I think professional women have the toughest time in regard to getting majorly ripped off for hair care, if its costing a minimum of $1000hkd each time they visit a hair salon. Shitty deal for them.
    Last edited by Skyhook; 03-07-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:

I was so happy to get a proper haircut in, Kensington ( London ) recently, by a continental European immigrant too
    Get these Europeans OUT!!!!!! Coming to our country, cutting our hair!

38 is the best price u can get mate

You cannot find them unless you walk to some dark alleys or upstairs at some old buildings.

That's exactly what you end up getting lol or the number 2 comb of a set of clippers, true mainland accountant, crop top style.hahahahahahhaa no idea how to layer properly, and they cant die non Asian hair to save their lives over here.

Don't ever ask to have blonde highlights out here, you'll end up looking like Chris Evans... Scary as to how pathetically bad hairdressers are here.

I was so happy to get a proper haircut in, Kensington ( London ) recently, by a continental European immigrant too haha, which was excellent ! ( £12) which I was happy to pay, or the eqv price of a pub meal at the Devonshire Arms ( beer garden ) in Marloes road.

I think professional women have the toughest time in regard to getting majorly ripped off for hair care, if its costing a minimum of $1000hkd each time they visit a hair salon. Shitty deal for them.
    I'm not blond, but am a professional woman and have typical western hair and have no trouble getting a decent cut in the New Territories for under 200HKD. I go into whichever local place I am passing when I have time to get a cut so have used many of them.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I'm not blond, but am a professional woman and have typical western hair and have no trouble getting a decent cut in the New Territories for under 200HKD. I go into whichever local place I am passing when I have time to get a cut so have used many of them.
    i think skyhook is emphasising that getting done highlights by a local ( probably inexperience with westerner hair) may result in looking very ginger like such as chris evans from UK

but there are very good hair dresser in HK for reasonable prices, depends what's your requirements

it's noted that perms are probably harder on western hair as an inexperienced local hairdresser may use too much agent and your hair look like a telephone cord ( asian /eastern hair are hard to curl than western hair)
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Get these Europeans OUT!!!!!! Coming to our country, cutting our hair!
    Yes lets get rid of the immigrants that paid their way, who arrived after wwII, and have owned their salon for 3 decades...

Just went misty eyed with nostalgia at the mention of the Devonshire! Great old pub that was easy walking distance from my flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Just went misty eyed with nostalgia at the mention of the Devonshire! Great old pub that was easy walking distance from my flat.
    Definitely worth getting misty eyed @Cwbguy about, such a great little spot during a mildly warm afternoon, out in the beer garden out front, right on the corner there.

loved it !