Like Tree67Likes

Ebeneezer's crazy promotion

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

There are a LOT of branches...I frequent the LKF branch, always for lunch, and I never eat in. I usually have to wait about 10min for my kebab; I've never experienced a lengthy delay--they seem quite fast and efficient. Different preparers make the kebabs slightly differently, and I have noticed the chicken tikka tasting a bit drier than it used to--maybe they're skimping on the spicy sauce?

FYI, the biryani special is not featured at the LKF branch, but they do have the chicken kebabs on lunch special (w/free soda, $49), and the curry rice, I think.

Based on my experience I will continue to patronise the LKF branch at lunchtime, but I will think twice about eating at any of their other branches!

Ok, you guys want a nice sit-down restaurant? Cacio e Pepe in Central, a nice quiet sit-down place for Italian food. anywhere from $150 to $300 pp. But that's not quite frugal now is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    What I find more amazing is that someone would actually take their kids to a kebab shop for lunch. Each to their own I guess.
    What a weird thing to say...

The best kebab shop in Melbourne, Australia was located in St Kilda, Cleopatra's, on the corner of Fitzroy street and The Esplanade. The original one, not the restaurant of similar name...

I have many fond memories of visiting that shop as a child in the 70's, as my very arty ( very cool ) aunty ( a St Kilda resident ) indoctrinated me into the culinary joys of the kebab. Sadly, the shop closed down due to the original owners retiring, but I did manage to get the recipe of their special Egyptian sauce that made their kebabs reign supreme, just before they closed in the late 90's. I'll take that to me grave

My children have already eaten kebabs from the ages of 2. what's wrong with that ?.. I do agree though that Ebeneezers tends to be a bit inconsistent, but the Gold Coast one definitely faired better than, other locations. IMHO
    Last edited by Skyhook; 24-02-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    chris_yang22 and closedcasket like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    We eat at Ebenezers in the GC regularly (maybe once a week or once a fortnight). My experience with them has been that they make an effort to find a table for it if it's full (it often is) and even when the place is packed the wait is rarely more than 10 mins or so. We can be in/eat/out in less than 30 mins. It is a fast food joint after all! I like their Byriani actually - the salad being the best bit.

I guess it depends on the branch. But it's never going to be upscale LOL.
    We've never eaten at Ebenezers. We went to the GC once, sat ourselves down at a dirty table.......waited, and waited, and waited......and left. Maybe I'll give them another go one day....but probably not.
    Last edited by bryant.english; 24-02-2013 at 12:38 PM.

I have heard on the grapevine that Ebeneezers is up for 3 Michelin stars next year.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Umm, that could rule out about 90% of the restaurants in Hong Kong really

I'm just happy if they bring me my drink before my dinner in most places here
    Really? where do u eat? mostly if I had an experience like caras I would have walked out well before 75 mins. 30 mins is my limit.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    carang likes this.

we couldn't walk out... the kids had their food, well, some of it. i thought we were very patient...

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    What's there to be amazed about? Kebab shops cater to DRUNKS all around the world. Their typical customers is not exactly a sophisticated foodie with a refined palate and impeccable taste. What I find more amazing is that someone would actually take their kids to a kebab shop for lunch. Each to their own I guess.
    Plus one for the strange comment. its a fast food joint just like maccas or any of the others full of kids. the gc one often has kids in it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Any more parenting advice?
    Just in case you will have kids some day?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I have heard on the grapevine that Ebeneezers is up for 3 Michelin stars next year.
    Could be some inflation of Michelin stars. Even if Ebeneezers could get 1, HK would need to be flooded with them.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast