Like Tree64Likes

Where can I rent a handbag in Hong Kong? My wife needs one for a wedding.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Claire, I think we were separated at birth!!!
    Would have loved a sister. Instead all I got was a brother 8 years older.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 29-05-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Some women do, jgl. Some women can spot the genuine article from across the room. But many women could not give a fuck. It seems Fiona and I are of the latter persuasion.

The whole fake bags thing is something else I don't get either.
    ...and it's such a bitch to sometimes find the right bag without the logos....my latest investment (not purchase) is a great well-built, shoulder- and hand-strap, black capacious bag with only a dangly removable (done) attachment showing the Rabeanco brand

Oh this is magical! Geo instrumental in finding two lost sisters!
    Who said miracles don't happen!

Fiona in HKG likes this.

So what if a woman turned up at a fancy wedding without a handbag at all... would that be some kind of fashion faux pas?

Otherwise it could be a handy way to sidestep the whole problem. Just dump all the random crap into some bag carried by her husband. And as he's a guy, he doesn't have to possess any fashion sense that requires an expensive container.

In olden days (and I'm talking 20-30 years ago) women in India would use their blouse to store their wallets.
    Ha amazing isn't it?

Would have loved a sister. Instead all I got was a brother 8 years older.
    You can have mine....she's a nightmare LOL.....loveable sometimes....disagreeable more often
    Claire ex-ax and virago like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    So what if a woman turned up at a fancy wedding without a handbag at all... would that be some kind of fashion faux pas?

Otherwise it could be a handy way to sidestep the whole problem. Just dump all the random crap into some bag carried by her husband. And as he's a guy, he doesn't have to possess any fashion sense that requires an expensive container.
    jgl...are you one of those men that carries their woman's bag? There was a whole thread about them not long ago

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    In olden days (and I'm talking 20-30 years ago) women in India would use their blouse to store their wallets.
    Ha amazing isn't it?
    I've been known to go to the supermarket with just my credit card slipped under my bra strap....and I can carry a few things in my cleavage Not all my shopping, but a can of diet coke, etc.

Some women do, jgl. Some women can spot the genuine article from across the room. But many women could not give a fuck. It seems Fiona and I are of the latter persuasion.

The whole fake bags thing is something else I don't get either.
    Now feeling slightly embarrassed to say that I'm one of the former....I can spot a real bag at 10 paces, and often tell you how current it is (i.e. this season, last season etc). And don't get me started on shoes.

BUT I don't understand fake bags at all (or fake anything to be honest). When I buy an expensive bag, it's for the quality of construction not the label. Anything with an obvious logo seems me screaming in the opposite direction. Whereas fake bag buyers seem to just want the bags for status and posing around with - actually, there seems to be a certain element of genuine bag buyers who also buy them for status (Louis Vuitton springs to mind).

I tend to buy bags by British designer Anya Hindmarch as the quality is amazing and the branding so discreet that only other fans of her bags are likely to recognise them. I also very rarely pay full price. If you know where to shop and you time it right, 50%+ discount is very achievable. Most of my genuine bags cost less to buy than the fakes in Shenzhen. And the real thing lasts forever. I've actually specified in my will who I'm leaving my bags to (I see them as an investment). Maybe the reason I can find discounts is because no-one wants bags that don't have big logos (except me lol).

Embarrassed at revealing I have such a girlie side so I will now crawl away and hide until we digress on to homeopathy for Muslim cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    I've been known to go to the supermarket with just my credit card slipped under my bra strap....and I can carry a few things in my cleavage Not all my shopping, but a can of diet coke, etc.
    Oh dear! The image is not stuck in mind just as the can of coke.
    Fiona in HKG and Satay Sue like this.