Taobao / Alipay issues

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Taobao / Alipay issues

Hi there,

so, I urgently need to buy some stuff from Taobao and Wowsai (wedding coming up...).
    I can´t figure out how to get it done. I have tried (and failed) with the following:

- bought alipay card in 7/11, recharged, it showed the right amount but then the account balance hasn´t been updated. The help chat was not helping, I had to use google translate but she didn´t seem to understand the problem. Also sat down with a chinese friend and tried to recharge again, but it won´t accept the card since it has been used. So, gave up..

- tried to upload via http://www.ekeyhk.com/. Transferred 70hkd twice, uploaded the slip, all seemed fine, but account balance still the same, nothing has changed.. I have sent them an email but no reply so far.

- finally found a seller who sells what I need and accepts credit card. Yay! But.. the page at the end before I type in my data keeps spinning and spinning and spinning.. (tried various browser, no difference).

My last step is to get a BoC credit card but this might take a week or so and I´m running out of time.

Anyone had success with the above and / or has an idea what I could be doing wrong?!

Thanks so much in advance,
    T

Try paying with PPS? At least paying with PSS is more straightforward...

hmm, it must be a generous wedding gift for 70HK$

If you use Taobao long enough, you will eventually get ripped off. There are no legal protections for any transaction you complete on Tabao.

When I use Taobao I also see a 'Visa' option. Haven't tried though since I have a HK BOC Visa which so far worked flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    If you use Taobao long enough, you will eventually get ripped off. There are no legal protections for any transaction you complete on Tabao.
    You sound like a broken record did a taobao seller stole your woman ?

I use taobao a lot never have any problem same with aliexpress and alibaba. i did received a broken product one the taobao seller sent me a new one after i send him the photo and inform him. I use the Visa option not BOC any Visa work the hard part was to figure out how to write the address in Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    the hard part was to figure out how to write the address in Chinese
    Your address is stored with your Taobao account, right? So need to input just once. I have my packages send to the office. Works perfectly.

@packy_crusher
    Yes, there are risks and nobody forces you to buy there. I take the risk though.

I have finally managed to recharge my alipay account via ekeyhk.com.. now apparently they recharged it onto an alipay account I set up before I set up my taobao account. Taobao creates a new alipay account for you when you register but there seems to be no way to reconnect.. so I´ll have to recharge the new account again.

Unfortunately the visa option is clickable but doesn´t work. It keeps spinning and spinning. Maybe it´s just bad luck I´m having here.. I´ll keep trying.

@cokezero.. who said anything about a wedding gift? It´s my own!

What browser you use? In China they know IE and only IE that runs on Windows.

Definitely the browser if it keeps going and going. I use Google Chrome and have no issues. I LOVE Taobao.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast