Like Tree9Likes

lai see

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi, yes am trying to find a new job am in search of an employer right now , i am a hardworking but am always leaved by my employer most of them left me for good. As of now i have to sacrifice the rudeness of my present employer til i can get a new employer,even they are not giving me food what is important with me is that i can get a new job to a big " heart" family that can treat me fair enough as a human.i am receiving below minimum but still i have to work sometimes am losing hope but i still have a son that still in college thank you for the advice god bless..

Are you a domestic helper heartygrace? If you are being paid below minimum wage, and not fed, that's ILLEGAL. You have rights. You should go to the people who help domestic helpers who are being badly treated. Here is a list of organisations that can help you.

http://hkhelperscampaign.com/organisations/

Fiona in HKG and jimbo like this.

yes i am ms. katherine thank you for your kindness and am afraid also because last month one of my common friend was murdered by her employer near happy valley only thing i can cosider is find new one before too late...

Quote Originally Posted by heartygrace:
    yes i am ms. katherine thank you for your kindness and am afraid also because last month one of my common friend was murdered by her employer near happy valley only thing i can cosider is find new one before too late...
    you mean this case

The second incident, which took place in Happy Valley on Dec. 21, involved a 45-year-old Filipino domestic worker named Melanie Nobleza.
    “A cleaner found Melanie collapsed on a hillside in Tai Hing Road. She was believed (to have fallen) from (a) height [sic],” a police spokesperson said.
    The Filipina did not leave any suicide note, although an initial investigation showed that Melanie was “upset due to family problems,” police added.
    ATN said initial police findings showed no foul play involved in Marilyn’s death.
    Melanie’s cause of death, meanwhile, was initially identified as “multiple injuries.”
    “Based on interviews with her friends, masiyahin naman daw siya (Melanie). There was no sign of depression, so it’s hard to say if she took her own life,” Vice Consul Charles Macaspac, who heads the ATN section, said.
    Macaspac stressed these cases are still under investigation, and Filipinos should avoid speculating on what really happened until a formal report is released.
    Reports circulating in the Filipino community claimed Marilyn had died of flu while her employers were away. There were also claims that Melanie committed suicide, or that foul play was involved. - See more at: http://hongkongnews.com.hk/decomposi....eMB99HSk.dpuf

yes god is the only witness everytime there is a case like this the investigation report came out suicide or accident but make the investigation deeper and rewined the CCTV of the building and the truth will comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by heartygrace:
    yes god is the only witness everytime there is a case like this the investigation report came out suicide or accident but make the investigation deeper and rewined the CCTV of the building and the truth will comes out.
    The HK police are very diligent. I don't believe they will sweep the truth under the carpet if there is actually foul play to be found. Sometimes accidents and suicides happen even if we prefer to believe something else. Gossip is not the truth!