Like Tree45Likes

Cost of Unleaded petrol in HK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I don't usually take any notice of what the per litre pump price is, just what I pay per full tank.... but, today I did take notice as this thread sprang to mind... $14.64 per litre, regular price was what I paid at the Esso petrol station in Sai Kung. If I'd filled up on a discount day the price would have been cheaper, 12ish dollars per litre..etc. we haven't seen prices this low for maybe 11 or 12 years!

It seems that fuel prices have exponentially adjusted in line with present global oil price trends... Nice

Last edited by Skyhook; 07-01-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    wtbhotia and Cho-man like this.

BBC News - Brent crude oil price dips below $50 a barrel

"With no sign that OPEC will do anything about over-production, it seems likely that we could well see further declines towards $40 in the coming weeks," said CMC Markets analyst Michael Hewson.
    Very Nice
    Skyhook likes this.

Calling gas "petrol", oh please, only you Brits with your silly names. I call it "gas", and if you don't like it, sue me.

Skyhook and shri like this.

How about calling it fuel?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    How about calling it fuel?
    Very apt coming from 100LL.
    shri, Skyhook, wtbhotia and 1 others like this.

Has been like that for years in the UK. Reasons: (i) higher tax on diesel than petrol and (ii) garages cross-subsidising to make the petrol prices lower (most cars run on petrol). Recent report I saw showed profit on petrol of 3p per litre but 7.5p on diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Has been like that for years in the UK. Reasons: (i) higher tax on diesel than petrol and (ii) garages cross-subsidising to make the petrol prices lower (most cars run on petrol). Recent report I saw showed profit on petrol of 3p per litre but 7.5p on diesel.
    So used to seeing Diesel being cheaper than Petrol in HK, was shocked to see it different in the UK.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    So used to seeing Diesel being cheaper than Petrol in HK, was shocked to see it different in the UK.
    It is the same in Australia
    wtbhotia likes this.