Like Tree10Likes

CLP - Electricity Tarriffs

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alvin130:
    this service is no longer available to apply.
    Thanks. When did this stop? I see what you mean. CLP e-mailed me and said "Please note that The Night Water Heating Rate is only applicable to customers currently charged under this Rate. We are no longer accept new applications."

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Thanks. When did this stop? I see what you mean. CLP e-mailed me and said "Please note that The Night Water Heating Rate is only applicable to customers currently charged under this Rate. We are no longer accept new applications."
    They stopped for long time ago. Night water heating rate only apply for the old building (normally is house or mid levels building) which have central heating system-something like the big water tank in the basement.

And I think most of HK construction doesn't have this kind of facilities nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by dontdrink&drive:
    im both shareholder of CLP and HKEI, there will be another hike on the electricity.

this is a basic needs plus you guys cant escape it.
    To invest in peoples' basic needs appears to be a safe investment, however, it is not as safe as you might think. Some electricity providers abroad
    are in the red now and pay no dividends because their country has changed its energy policy after Fukushima.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by dontdrink&drive:
    I'm not putting money in a fucking nuclear power plant!!!!!

Plus it is not Japan.
    "Plus it is not Japan"
    That's actually funny, as what happened in Japan affected utility companies on another continent.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Original Post Deleted
    Why does CLP charge about 15% less than Hong Kong Electric for electricity?

And presumably CLP and HKE charges don't vary based on your location witinin their service areas (yes I know that sounds like a strange question, but I was surprised that PCCW charges differently based on whether you live in an expensive area or not!)

Why does CLP charge about 15% less than Hong Kong Electric for electricity?

And presumably CLP and HKE charges don't vary based on your location witinin their service areas (yes I know that sounds like a strange question, but I was surprised that PCCW charges differently based on whether you live in an expensive area or not!)
    Sources of electricity is different so might have different production cost per MW.

HKE uses coal gas solar and wind.
    CLP uses coal gas and nuclear.
    jrkob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Sources of electricity is different so might have different production cost per MW.

HKE uses coal gas solar and wind.
    CLP uses coal gas and nuclear.
    Since I'm in a CLP service area, I'm not complaining (since it's some 15% cheaper than HKE). Still, it leaves me scratching my head a bit. It would be like if in South East England you had cheaper electricity outside the M25 and more expensive inside the M25.

Having said that, I'm still scratching my head on PCCW charging different prices for the same broadband service depending on which area you live in (i.e. live in Mid-levels and the peak; pay more. Live in Yuen Long, pay less).

Since I'm in a CLP service area, I'm not complaining (since it's some 15% cheaper than HKE). Still, it leaves me scratching my head a bit. It would be like if in South East England you had cheaper electricity outside the M25 and more expensive inside the M25.

Having said that, I'm still scratching my head on PCCW charging different prices for the same broadband service depending on which area you live in (i.e. live in Mid-levels and the peak; pay more. Live in Yuen Long, pay less).
    Pccw base charges will be same all over hk. Its just the promotional prices offered are different for different area.

Areas where pccw has more subscribers has less chance to have promotional prices than areas will lesser subscribers. Yuen long is more local, where icable is preferred over pccw. So they might give better promotions to attract more subscribers.

You do have different priced electricity in different bits of UK depending on who is the distribution company. Been like this since 1990.

Ps if you actually want to know the answer to the question Google "Hong Kong electricity scheme of control". It's almost unique by the way.

East_coast and dossier like this.