Like Tree19Likes

Cheap Cuppa Tea !. Tesco everyday value, CR Vangaurd, cheap as hell, taste ok, amazing thing only HK$7.9 for 40

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cheap Cuppa Tea !. Tesco everyday value, CR Vangaurd, cheap as hell, taste ok, amazing thing only HK$7.9 for 40

Cheap Tesco everyday value, CR Vangaurd, cheap as hell, taste ok, amazing thing only HK$7.9 for 40 bags

after running out of bulk purchased of typhoo 100 ( 18 months ago ) at HK$28 per box

i found this super Cheap Tesco everyday value atCR Vangaurd for HK$7.9 for 40 bags, super cheap and amazing taste pretty decent, presumably if you have the taste for yorkshire gold, you won't like it, maybe i ain't that picky on teabags

scrambler likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    but Tetley at HK$48 and Typhoo at HK$45, still cheap as nuts

presumably, you go to Lidl and Aldi for the cheap as dirt groceries in your 2015 BMW/merc/audi/porsche/tesla which i often see in their car park?
    Last edited by imparanoic; 02-11-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    just wondering, you didn't carry the preserved leg of lamb in your luggage through HKIA? if you did, ain't you worried about the custom's cavity body search with the marigolds?

I always fill my suitcase coming back from the UK. Sure you can get stuff here but it's much cheaper in UK is you have a free luggage allowance.

But.. back to the tea and I'll tell you my Singapore hotel gripe. Breakfast buffet in a decent Singapore hotel.. asked for "English Breakfast tea" and got given enough Singapore breakfast tea. Bloody hell it was revolting. .. I Googled it .. got cloves in it. YUCK AND DOUBLE YUCK. anyway so I asked again for EBT and was told that they had it, but it was not part of the "free buffet" and I would have to pay extra. So I said, OK, I'll have some bog standard Liptons then. Oh no. Didn't have that! ONLY the Singapore stuff, Earl Grey or camomile. Wtf? No normal, perfume - free tea at all. Anyway just sent hubby back up to he room to fetch our own teabags. But what a stupid way to piss off customers!

Tesco own brand would have been fine. I just like tea in my tea and not herb, spices, flowers or oils.

Rant over.

is that how u broke your leg? kicking someone's arse?

There's Jamon Serrano and Tyhoo Tea at 759

Claire ex-ax likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor:
    There's Jamon Serrano and Tyhoo Tea at 759
    I am often surprised at what pops up in 759.
    scrambler likes this.

just n=bought a pack of 20 typhoo for about 15$ - will let u know in the morning,,

HK_Katherine likes this.

Typhoo tea is back at 759. Bought a few boxes this weekend from Aberdeen

East_coast likes this.

There is one of these near us - it's a few mins walk further away but worth it for the savings. Sadly the range of what they sell is tiny, but good for fruit juice, cereals, things like tomato ketchup and soups and biscuits.... awful for anything non-Tesco like fruit/veggies/meat... but over all an improvement! They do particularly cheap fizzy water (currently less than 5hkd for a 1.5 litre bottle) and cheap fruit juice (8hkd/1 ltr packet).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast