Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cspen

refrigerator fresh case lid?

Closed Thread

refrigerator fresh case lid?

The lid of our refrigerator's 'fresh case' (the drawer that keeps fruits and vegetables fresh) recently broke. I contacted Sharp HK (we have a model SJ-FR23C) and was told that the lid (just the lid!) costs HK$120 to replace....

Anyone know where we might be able to find a cheaper alternative? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cspen:
    The lid of our refrigerator's 'fresh case' (the drawer that keeps fruits and vegetables fresh) recently broke. I contacted Sharp HK (we have a model SJ-FR23C) and was told that the lid (just the lid!) costs HK$120 to replace....

Anyone know where we might be able to find a cheaper alternative? Thanks!
    it's only HK$120, imagine if you purchase a miele fridge that component will cost HK$500

maybe you could consider not replacing the component use clingfilm each time you use your damaged component

$120 is pretty reasonable imho

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

A shelf would be more as it carries a load. $120 for a non-load bearing lid doesn't seem overly excessive.

Yep, $120 is not excessive at all for original parts. Like Claire said, last thing you need is to buy a generic one which breaks and ruins what I'd assume would be more or less $120 in produce.

Thanks all!

But aren't these plastic casing generic? I mean, they're not labeled Sharp or Miele.

Surely there is some factory in China that is making these for the brands. only if I could find it....

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You could try Taobao I guess.

Never mind

Thanks Claire and Drunken Master! Taobao has many parts for Haier and Siemens but not for Sharp.

I give up; will get the lid from Sharp HK. :P

shri likes this.