Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Three piece suit stitched

I am surprised people use Hong Kong Island tailors at all. Clearly overpriced since you pay the rent essentially.
    I use and have used William cheng in hankow street tst for 20 years. 2 pcs suits start at 3.7k

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09
    I am surprised people use Hong Kong Island tailors at all. Clearly overpriced since you pay the rent essentially.
    I use and have used William cheng in hankow street tst for 20 years. 2 pcs suits start at 3.7k
    I'm not sure how TST is considered cheaper than HK Island outside of prime Central locations.

I've tried William Cheng in the past and won't use them myself. They're a recommendation to friends who want something that's cheap and fast, as opposed to something good.

I'd also recommend Tai Pan Row, but they are more expensive.

Thanks everyone. We wanted to get a three piece suit for our wedding here in HK. But at the moment we're on a budget since everything in HK is so expensive. hence looking for cheaper but better options.

For shirts, buy off the rack. These made to measure services are mostly manufactured in China and use pretty average materials. Well unless you want to fork out more than HKD1,500, which is what I get when I can't buy a material off the rack (very rare though). If you go the MTM path, please note that monogramming stopped being cool before the last financial crisis.

Suits I recommend off the rack too. I'm not a fan of made to measure, custom made or bespoke suits at all. Unless you want the pants with the side taper look to look like 95% of people in Central.

Chinos I get from a place in Wan Chai on St Francis Street. Can't remember the name, but I only wear Incotex chinos. They cost around HKD2,000 and up, but they look good and are durable.

HKCouch likes this.

If it's only going to be worn once, rather than daily, then cheap and not fantastic is fine- I would second the William Cheng recommendation.

Thanks all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2