Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Three piece suit stitched

Three piece suit stitched

Hello,

Can anyone help let me know how much a good quality 3 piece suit would cost- for men? My budget is 5-6k HKD. How much does getting a shirt stitched cost? I was once told a regular everyday wear shirt can cost around 200-300 HKD, is that correct?
    Also, where can i buy good Chinos for men? Tried Uniqlo, Gu, Zara but could not find good stuff as the fitting was not that great.

Thanks for help!

I would say decent quality starts at 3 to 3.5k up for a suit. A shirt 350up hkd

Thank you. Do you have recommendations?

A proper wool jacket/sport coat alone costs 5k+. No way you are getting a "decent" 3 piece for anything less than that. Shirts can be had for around $350. I'm getting my shirts from King's in World Wide house and have been happy enough. Wouldn't let then make a suit though, I got mine from Dream Bespoke in the Chinese Bank Building.

TheBrit, jgl and HKCouch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09
    I would say decent quality starts at 3 to 3.5k up for a suit. A shirt 350up hkd
    Maybe 15 to 20 years ago.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    A proper wool jacket/sport coat alone costs 5k+. No way you are getting a "decent" 3 piece for anything less than that. Shirts can be had for around $350. I'm getting my shirts from King's in World Wide house and have been happy enough. Wouldn't let then make a suit though, I got mine from Dream Bespoke in the Chinese Bank Building.
    What did you think of Dream Bespoke?

I have recently had one suit made by Bonham Strand and one by Il Satro. Happy with both.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    What did you think of Dream Bespoke?
    I am very satisfied, but they are a bit on the pricey side. About 8k for a sport coat made from Loro Piana wool. But the service was impeccable, I noticed some issue with the fit around the chest after a month of wearing the suit the first time and he had the whole jacket redone at no charge. I would definitely recommend them. I've tried Jantzen before that, but they've always made me feel like I'm disturbing them doing something more important.

How much does Il Sarto charge?
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 06-02-2019 at 07:55 AM.
    TheBrit likes this.

Jantzen are incredibly rude. i used to use them as the quality was fine but then I realised there is no reason to put up with rude service from a tailor in Hong Kong - it's not like we don't have a lot of choice!

I also have shirts (only) made at Kings in Worldwide House as I don't fancy trying on a suit in their tiny shop. Happy with the shirts.

Mostly recently I have had suits made by Pacific Custom Tailors. They used to be in Worldwide House before the rent went up and now they are in TST. Good people and service is friendly and helpful - I'm happy with the suit also.

mrgoodkat and jgl like this.

While we are at it, has anyone here tried the more expensive tailors? What are they like, are they worth the premium?

Places like The Armory, Ascot Chang, W.W. Chan or Raja?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    I am very satisfied, but they are a bit on the pricey side. About 8k for a sport coat made from Loro Piana wool. But the service was impeccable, I noticed some issue with the fit around the chest after a month of wearing the suit the first time and he had the whole jacket redone at no charge. I would definitely recommend them. I've tried Jantzen before that, but they've always made me feel like I'm disturbing them doing something more important.

How much does Il Sarto charge?
    I don’t think 8k for Loro Piana is on the expensive side. It’s good material.

Tailor I use for 10 years now is Tai Pan Row.
    Definitely not a cheap tailor but very good quality and service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast