Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gch555

Moving Costs in HK?

Moving Costs in HK?

Does anyone know how much moving costs are within HK island, especially for walk ups? I’m looking at two apartments just a couple streets away from where I currently live and am trying to figure out how much more I would have to spend if I choose the (high-floor) walkup.

I don’t even have a baseline for typical moving costs, so any guidance on would be much appreciated! One of the flats I’m looking at comes furnished, so I’d only be moving non-furniture items. The other one I would need to pay for my furniture to be moved as well.

Thank you so much!

-Virginia

$2500+

I moved one street away in Central, requiring the truck and 3 guys for everything in my apartment except the fridge. Price was $2400.

When my wife (then girlfriend) and I moved in together we took our 2 apartment's worth of stuff (both on the same street) from Central to TKO for $5500.

The latter was a 1st floor walkup, but the former had a 50m+ through the parking to the service elevator.

High-floor walkup with furniture, expect some to even turn you down, others to charge per floor. Can't advise on costs, I've got no first hand experience there.

If you're looking to make it as cheap as possible, ask for boxes in advance and pack yourself, and also disassemble all furniture yourself.

Elegiaque likes this.

Thank you so much!! This is really helpful 🙏

Does anyone have any moving companies they can recommend? Need English speakers.