I have been thinking of moving to a remote/rural area with bigger living space and greenery. Any thoughts on the possible locations or experience from those who have done it recently or have been living outside the city for a while? A few things below:
- I can possibly get the full time WFH approval from my team. My work doesn't really require me to be in the office, and the last 18 months or so have made it more acceptable. I currently have 3 days in/2 days WFH arrangement, but I tend to go to the office all 5 days.
- I currently live in the city (noisy area at times) which is one of the reasons for going to the office all 5 days. Get bored living in a small apartment 24*7, and the noise/honking/construction doesn't help.
- Budget - Haven't really thought about it, but would be nice to keep it within 15,000 per month. This is based on the average rental prices I've seen on the internet (due to the pandemic).
- Areas - Open to all suggestions. Thought of Hoi Ha, Lamma, Sai Kung interior.
- No kids, so don't have to think about schools, travel time etc. No offence to people with kids, this is just to clarify on the situation, because schooling/traveling etc. for kids are a huge factor for a lot of families while deciding on the location.
- Don't have a car/bike, and don't intend to buy one. If there's a minibus to/from the village, that should be fine for me.
- Travel needs - Not expecting daily commute with this setup. Perhaps a couple of days during the week catching up with friends (mostly mid-week and weekends currently).
- Groceries - Can do it weekly. I cook myself so tend to eat healthier for the most part.
- Beach - Be nice to be close to water, although not a must.
- Garden - Be nice if there's some option for it. Could be rooftop as well. Want to start growing few plants/herbs etc.