Like Tree21Likes

Buying Watch

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

https://www.watchfinder.hk/watches/u...erby=BestMatch

time has changed, i am happy with my smartwatch now
    LetsDiscuss likes this.

my 20yr old swatch is still going great

For a "decent brand" watch, I always opt for Swarovski. The designs are beautiful; I don't have to break my bank balance, plus, I think it's more sophisticated than the likes of much hyped up mid-tier brands like Daniel Wellington.

Paxbritannia likes this.

All comes down to your definition of decent. With that budget you won't find any in-house made movement so will be restricted to off the shell mechanics. I don't think you'll find anything which will hold its value as you are in fashion watch budget territory. If you are after gold, perhaps buy gold instead? It spends a lot less on marketing

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    You can buy a cheap watch and it can still last 5-10 years if treated well.

I just see no value in a mid range retail price watch. The resell value is essentially 0 (same as a cheap watch). No one will give your citizen/casio/seiko watch a second look anyways. So might as well go cheap or go big.
    I'll second this. An apple watch 6 probably has more resale/trade-in value than, say, a cheap longines.

Quote Originally Posted by hannah01:
    For a "decent brand" watch, I always opt for Swarovski. The designs are beautiful; I don't have to break my bank balance, plus, I think it's more sophisticated than the likes of much hyped up mid-tier brands like Daniel Wellington.
    DW is not a mid-tier brand lol. its like 1500 for their garbage.
    hannah01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    DW is not a mid-tier brand lol. its like 1500 for their garbage.
    Any particular reason for saying DW is garbage ?

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    what is your definition of yellow gold ? just plating for show or real gold ? anything with real 18k gold (casing/strap) is going to cost you above the 6k hkd you are ready to pay.
    18k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Any particular reason for saying DW is garbage ?
    Its a low quality watch made in China selling for 1500. What more do you want to know? lol

EDIT: here read how DW started:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-empire-2016-6

Better of buying a quartz watch (or smart watch) for 1k HKD and buy a 0.5 ounce gold nugget coin for the rest..