Like Tree14Likes

iPhone v/s Andriod

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile iPhone v/s Andriod

Hi All,

I am about to change my mobile and deciding which one ?

I am fan of andriod because of it's value for money compared to expensive iphone.

But now after many years I am thinking about to try iPhone once but not sure.

I know many of you already using iPhone, Can you suggest me pros and cons of buying/using iPhone ?

Which iPhone you suggest to buy and from where to get it cheapest ?

TIA

Can you suggest me pros and cons of buying/using iPhone ?

Woah, Apple vs Android? This question has never been asked on the internet before! There are not half a million people talking about this already!

Which iPhone you suggest to buy and from where to get it cheapest ?

Also a question that has never been asked in the history of the forum. Well, not for the past 4 days.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/119/thread363771.html
    shri, bdw, Rob2020 and 1 others like this.

Its like comparing apples and oranges.

Both are fruits. Both are good for you.

Only 3 months to next cycle - iPhone 14.

My last 4 phones were iPhones - each new one getting a little bigger and heavier than the one before.The Max Pro I have had for past almost 2 years is great - however, lately the touch screen is a little flaky - suspect some coating on it is wearing off.

Phones used to last forever - not iphones though - meant to buy a new one every 2 years.

LetsDiscuss and Cheeky Kiwi like this.

Thanks for useful feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Only 3 months to next cycle - iPhone 14.

My last 4 phones were iPhones - each new one getting a little bigger and heavier than the one before.The Max Pro I have had for past almost 2 years is great - however, lately the touch screen is a little flaky - suspect some coating on it is wearing off.

Phones used to last forever - not iphones though - meant to buy a new one every 2 years.

My son dropped his IP10 once, had to replace the LCD & even after that it didn't work properly. I guess newer ones are more robust? yes? no?

on the other hand me & wife dropped our android phones a few times still working well till now a xiaomi & still using a galaxy note8 as a daily driver in spite of having a oneplus7pro.

if your into photography/ video they say the Vivo X80pro kills it!

LetsDiscuss likes this.

If iPhone is easy to break, it's big NO for me as my kids dropped my current android phone at least 10 times in last 3 years but screen is still perfectly fine.

Maybe go for an older model as better value for money.

Last edited by walkup; 15-06-2022 at 01:25 PM.

If you buy second hand Apple I doubt any Android phone can beat it in terms of:
    Cost per year used.
    Cost divided by years where you can get software updates.
    Cost of repair by 3rd party repair.

No point or need to pay the premium of new iPhone, even less for buying a new Android....

Yes if you compare new prices Apple costs more.... used? 3K you have non Pro iPhone 10/11 with 256GB of RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Thanks for useful feedback.
    I used android for many years, but the last 10 years I used iPhones and I never want to go back. Software wise Apple’s IOS is much more seamless and stable. Further I used my iPhone 6s Plus for 5 years now and still going, only replaced the battery once. Integration between Apple devices is awesome (iPone, iPad, Watch, MacBook and Apple TV). The reaction else here about dropping and breaking a screen isn’t only a problem with Apple devices. I broke the screen of my Samsung phone once with a single drop. It didn’t had a case. Since then I used simple silicone cases. Still dropping my phone once or a while, but no damage anymore.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast