Like Tree10Likes

Soundproofing DIY

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

This thread is rather timely seeing as we are really suffering with the noise at our place. Its street noise that is the problem, rather than neighbour-related noise. We are on the 5th floor of an older building so the windows are old and I am not going to pay for double glazing (in fact you would need to completely replace the windows to begin with).

Has anyone ever seen a sound proofing material, that could be attached to windows or to curtains? It doesn't have to be beautiful as we could put it up at night. It would also be good if it had a blackout effect as the street lights are also hard to block!

SalseroHK likes this.

I think that those thick and heavy curtains they often use at hotels might be some help. They also block out the light. But you'd probably need to install some proper curtain rails that can bear the weight.

If it helps probably depends how well you can get it to close near the walls and windows, and what level of noise you are talking about. But it's probably worth a try.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Edit:

Did some Googling and found this:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/27...g_curtain.html

Last edited by 100LL; 24-02-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    SalseroHK and nassaugirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    We're going to use a sub-woofer, a friend will advise how to minimise noise as we don't want to piss off the people under us. Will check what he intends and report back ASAP.
    Satay Sue, did you ever get anywhere on this? My neighbors have just bought a piano!! Situation going from bad to worse...

One more for you SS - when you're done with the subwoofer, can we please borrow it? The f*ckers upstairs woke us up AGAIN at 3am this morning...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4