Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By CPA4U
  • 2 Post By Lootoo
  • 1 Post By East_coast

Stainless Steel Sheet

Closed Thread

Question Stainless Steel Sheet

I've seen a reccy from Dipper re Reclamation Street in Sham Shui Po in another thread, but just wondering if there are any other sources in HK for stainless steel sheet (need a long strip ca. 10cm wide to go at the back of a kitchen worktop). Otherwise I shall be readying my hand-signalling skills in Kowloon tomorrow...

It's not absolutely essential, but as long as we're paying to renovate the landlord's kitchen, we may as well make it nice!

There is a stainless steel shop next to 133 Queens Road East, Wan Chai

scb248 and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CPA4U:
    There is a stainless steel shop next to 133 Queens Road East, Wan Chai
    beware of the dog.

Thanks. I actually got what I needed from a place in Mongkok called Ever United Metal Co.:

G/F 374-386 Reclamation St
    Mongkok, Kowloon
    Hong Kong

Tel:+852 2394 1633

It's a big shop, and they seemed to have most of the usual ferrous and non-ferrous materials, but I was only after 0.8mm 306 sheet. Hand signals were not required as I did cheat and have a Cantonese-speaking colleague meet me there to do the ordering, but the price was very reasonable and the service good (though it took longer than I had expected).

I need to go back and order another piece (oops), and I think I'll be able to manage by myself this time--we'll see!

scb248 and East_coast like this.

Do you think they could bend 306 stainless sheet precisely for me? I have a project I'd like to use it for.

I usually use Mei Wah next to the Langham Hotel

Shanghai Street, Mong Kok- Google Maps

No English but if you take a sketch they will make what ever you need. Thicker is better

Last edited by East_coast; 06-07-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    jayinhongkong likes this.