Like Tree12Likes

LED Bulbs - Whats out there?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hashing up an old thread...

I'm looking for E14 candle shaped small bulbs. They need to be dimmable. I would like them brighter than 400 lumens if that is possible.

Any new hints on where to look for these?
    Ikea has the 400 lumens but I haven't had good luck with them in the past.
    The store mentioned above on Jervois St is gone and the other shops in the area as well - all turning into trendy restaurants.

Thsnks

We are still using out original IKEA bulbs.

We opted out of the dimmable bulbs as I was not convinced that the technology was mature enough.

AM due for a replacement. Will look around Morrison Hill Road this weekend if I pass through that area.

I would look for: Dimmable + no flicker

The cheaper ones you can't take pictures (flicker = stripes). If you stick to brands should be no problem. Nowadays many use filament LEDs.

Apliu St. should have a good selection.

Well, turns out my ceiling fan fixtures are not compatible with LED bulbs. I should have have contacted SMC earlier!
    So back to the old school bulbs.

Weird. Our decorator told us something like that but the sockets are just dumb 220v light bulb sockets. Something liken IKEA bulbs are not usually compatible. Figured they were trying to squeeze some commission by recommending another product that only they could source.

Bought an IKEA bulb and it worked and took the risk and bought a ton of them for every fixture at home.

So why can't they be compatible??

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Weird. Our decorator told us something like that but the sockets are just dumb 220v light bulb sockets. Something liken IKEA bulbs are not usually compatible. Figured they were trying to squeeze some commission by recommending another product that only they could source.

Bought an IKEA bulb and it worked and took the risk and bought a ton of them for every fixture at home.

So why can't they be compatible??
    Maybe smc lights ceiling fans has dimmer function, led lights using edison screw or bayonet fitting have internal transformer to convert input voltage at 220v to a voltage which is suitable for led bulbs such as 9 or 12 v, therefore dimmer feature on switch not suitable

I have dimmable multi coloured ambience lighting in my wall coving, but the separate transformer and controller has been designed to allow full control of dimming, colour, transition, etc of these rgb led strips lighting

Ok. May be the type of dimmer. O thought they made very standard dimmable led bulbs. Will check my renovations folder.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Ok. May be the type of dimmer. O thought they made very standard dimmable led bulbs. Will check my renovations folder.
    LEDARE LED bulb E27 600 lumen - IKEA

looks dimmable, seems like new led e27 are dimmable, but only certain ones