Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gruntfuttock
  • 1 Post By huja

Water leaks from shower stall

Closed Thread

Water leaks from shower stall

Greetings, GeoExpat denizen.

I need your collective wisdom and expertise.

I moved into a new place with a shower that looks like a glass phone booth. Directly under the glass door is a raised piece of marble between the shower and the bathroom that should prevent the water from running out. It doesn't. There is a small gap between the glass door and the raised marble. It doesn't look like much space, but it's plenty of space for the water to escape. I've taken into account the angle of the shower head and how it aims the water but that's not the issue. I've taken into the account the slope of the floor and that shouldn't be the issue either.

Questions:
    Any suggested fixes? Commercial products designed to remedy such problems? Any idea where I could buy it?

If there isn't an off-the-shelf product to buy, I was kicking around the idea of finding something that resembles the rubberized blade of a squeegee and attaching that to the bottom of the door with silicon caulk - tight enough that the rubber blade makes a seal when pressed against the marble.

Thanks and happy Turkey Day to the Yanks on the forum.

What you've described is basically what you need for the job - shower door seals, which are available in several different styles and sold by the metre. Plenty of the shops along the Causeway Bay end of Lockhart Road sell them, for example.

huja likes this.

There are rolls of sealant tape that do this job, unfortunately i'm not sure where in HK to buy them, though the hardware stores of lockhart road would be my best bet on this.

Original Post Deleted
    Do aquariums have doors?

The OP said he wants to prevent water leaking between the glass door and the raised marble.
    What Gruntfuttock recommended seems more suitable for this purpose.

Original Post Deleted
    Can these seals seal silly seals and sillier sealions? I have a collection of silly seals and sillier sealions who live in my bathroom. Everytime I go for a shower they sneak out, generally slapping me around in the process.

Thanks for the suggestions. So it appears I need to find this gadget on Lockhart Road . . .

If anyone knows of a specific shop, I'd appreciate it if you shared.

East_coast likes this.

Or try the plumbing shops in Mong Kok.

A bead on the flat surface would also help. You could get a 4mm x 2mm or similar stainless part and silicone it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:

Found it at Honest Hardware Supplier Co Ltd. 323 Lockhart Rd, Wanchai.

Thanks, all!