Like Tree14Likes

licensed plumber (NOT handyman)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

licensed plumber (NOT handyman)

Any recommendations for a qualified plumber around TKO? I won't deal with any more of the so-called 'handyman' clowns with limited skills or 'jack-of-all-trades' types - they are the reason I now require a plumber...

dear giant likes this.

Obvious question, not knowing where you live - Have you asked your building management for a list of recommended plumbers?

from past experience dealing with the muppets who 'manage' our building, that would be a waste of time...i would prefer referrals from expats who have dealt with major plumbing system problems involving pipes within concrete...(i can fix a leaky faucet and then some...) also no time for online diagnoses...just a phone number would be much appreciated

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Last edited by anothercanuck; 03-12-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    'handyman' clowns with limited skills or 'jack-of-all-trades'...
    ...and master of none! Handymans' are only really good at doing the DIY jobs that we can do ourselves.

I have a reliable plumber contact in NT but I will need to check whether he goes out to TKO.

In HK, u have to be careful with qualified electricans that try to diversify into plumbing, them lot can be an expensive alternative for a handyman.
    anothercanuck and dear giant like this.

re your contact in NT, frustrating how some won't make the effort...i had the wife call a local plumber in Sai Kung who basically said Hang Hau is too far lol...

dear giant likes this.

I use Alan Engineering. They are pretty reliable and reasonably priced.

I think they are in North Point so you could see if you could lure them over to TKO!

shri, anothercanuck and dear giant like this.

I called Alan Engineering today and one of the guys came out to TKO to fix both my toilets (Which strangely stopped working at the same time ---spooky).
    The guy was very efficient and very reasonably priced. No problem speaking English either.
    Would definitely feel comfortable calling them again if I have a plumbing problem.

dear giant and nassaugirl like this.

Could you give us an indication of what "reasonably priced" means to you? Experience tells me that it means very different things to different people!

dear giant likes this.

Yes would be happy to. 400 call out charge to check whats the problems then about 500 to fix both toilets. Just under 900 for the job altogether. Bear in mind I am pretty useless at handyman stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

dear giant likes this.

thanks for the suggestions...in the end I found a skilled expat (German) plumber in Sai Kung who shared my manic attention to detail, and did a first rate job...my new go-to guy.

Anyone in the area, you won't be disappointed with Daniel Schroeter, 63194745

dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast