Where to find large laminate kitchen countertop sheets?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Where to find large laminate kitchen countertop sheets?

I'm looking for something similar to this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9tg1ixjq7...02.58.png?dl=0

It's actually not for kitchen, but a projection screen I'm building on my roofdeck and I'd love to get my hands on one nonetheless. They make for brilliant outdoor surfaces to throw an image.

If anyone knows if/where I may be able to source one in the 4x8ft (120x240cm) range I would be greatly appreciative.

You can get it from most of the plywood shops Wanchai or mong kok

Quote Originally Posted by handyandy:
    You can get it from most of the plywood shops Wanchai or mong kok
    Thanks Andy. Any you'd recommend?

At Canton Rd off Mong kok Rd towards Tai Kok Tsui there are a few shops selling plywoods also sheet laminates of different color or you can choose laminated white plywoods with different thickness. ALso Hong Kong Island at western , wanchai ....

Some shops even provide cutting service, tell what area is convenient to you.

Fantastic. I'm in the Sheung Wan - Central area.

at SaiYingPun Des Voeux Rd W near Western St just opposite to police station, there is a plywood shop.selling laminated whites on plywood of different thicknesses, for using as projector screens i guess you need 1/4 inch, alsoavailable 1/8, 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 ins, am i right?

The plastic laminate sheets I used before were paper thin (.05in) - you could partially roll them. I would construct a separate wooden frame - usually out of 1x4's and then screw the sheet to the back of it.

Wilsonart 48 in. x 96 in. Laminate Sheet in Black Matte-1595603504896 - The Home Depot

But as long as these are white, even if they're already matted to a backing board, they'll be sufficient for my needs. Thank you.

Last edited by rook_hk; 29-07-2015 at 07:01 PM.

They also have sheet Laminates that could be rolled up, needed to be ordered , its fragile, must handle with care on transporting or cutting

Will the shop in Sai Yun Pun cut the plywood for me?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast