village house floors- repair or replace options?

village house floors- repair or replace options?

would it be better to have classic 80's wooden floor patched up - or replace the floor if selling your place?

if you live in a village house do u still have wooden floors? what type of flooring is more popular with the general populace these days?

our floor is knackered to put it bluntly - its been pooped an pee'd spat on and generally disrepected for the last 2 years.,,

I guess who ever moves in would change it? I guess a better presented place would sell more quickly?

ours and most of the ppls village houses I have been to DONT use wooden floors, its all Tiles, easier to maintain, clean etc etc

Tile floor is more popular I would say, all the new village houses have tile floors. If you are selling I would not touch it, very likely the new owner will renovate the whole property and then pick the type and style of tile they like, for locals I think it is not an issue.

If the rest of the interior finishes were spotless, that is different, upgrading the floor might be a good option.

I'd say it would not impact the asking price either, it maybe a point the buyer will try to leverage to negotiate the final price, but really the value is in the land area not the condition of interior fitting out.

If the last renovation was yonks ago, id leave the floor as is, and cover it with an ikea rug. If it is really bad, then maybe get it patched up since it could be a while until you sell your house. But from experience, most contractors would just tell you to replace the entire floor, rather than patch up.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    would it be better to have classic 80's wooden floor patched up - or replace the floor if selling your place?

if you live in a village house do u still have wooden floors? what type of flooring is more popular with the general populace these days?

our floor is knackered to put it bluntly - its been pooped an pee'd spat on and generally disrepected for the last 2 years.,,

I guess who ever moves in would change it? I guess a better presented place would sell more quickly?
    wooden as real parquets flooring is worth salvaging/cleaning /repairing, but generally not popular in village has the floors ( especially during the lower floors) can get wet and very moist during the wet/high humidity late march/april, thus, possible expansion and mold issues

if composite/fibre board, replace is better as it's relative cheap material, less prone to expansion or mold