Like Tree5Likes

5 months, no furniture, and owner refuses to give refund - Best Options?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy 5 months, no furniture, and owner refuses to give refund - Best Options?

We bought over 25,000 hkd of furniture for a new apartment back in October from what seemed like a reputable furniture store on Lyndhurst

Its approaching 5 months, with countless phone calls / emails / visits to the store

Nobody is answering our questions about where the furniture is or when we can expect it.

The owner just emailed us saying that there will be no refunds (and nothing more about where the majority our furniture is)

What are our options for getting our money back?

I'm assuming you have a receipt and some paperwork to indicate when the delivery was due?

Chargeback on credit card?

How did you pay?

What is the name of store?

scrambler likes this.

Yeah I have the receipts, and paid by credit card. I also have all of the email and correspondence logs with the store / owner.

Has anyone had experience with the charge back after 5 months? I'm also considering just filing a small claims in court

<snip>

Last edited by shri; 23-02-2016 at 09:40 AM.

First thing, credit card chargeback. Quickest and easiest. If that fails, small claims tribunal.

Bob Loblaw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    First thing, credit card chargeback. Quickest and easiest.
    x2.

When was the delivery due? What did they initially tell you when you ordered back in October? Did you pay only a deposit, and remaining payment due on delivery, or you paid in full already?

Guys - this is a very very well known rogue store with a cranky owner.

Remedies - Consumer council, cops, charge back, small claims. Also, take this up with whatever media you found this store through. Publishers need to know that their ads are causing damage to their own reputation.

We're not getting involved with this store - have had several legal threats and problems.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast