Like Tree32Likes

Handyman rates

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Original Post Deleted
    It's about double the going rate of 78 year old Mr. Leung who'll turn up with a fag hanging out of his mouth, the wrong tools and make a mess of your walls...
    SalseroHK likes this.

IKEA in Hong Kong sell hammer drills. They are really necessary here since everyone's walls are made of concrete and they are essential even to just hang a picture on the wall. It's nothing to do with male or female strength, you just need the right tool for the job.

Personally, I rented from Ap Liu street when I needed to drill some holes in my bathroom to install shower curtain railing and some extra towel holders and stuff (can you believe I bought a brand new flat from Henderson land and the fucking bathrooms didn't even have a rail to hang a shower curtain on, cheap bastards). I paid $800 for a big ass drill with masonry tip to drill through tiles. Returned it the next day and got $750 back. So only cost me $50.

This is a bit late for the OP, but I'd recommend future renters gets their landlord to fit things like curtains before they move in - make it a condition on the rental contract. The landlord won't be overly enthusiastic about doing it, but it's not a big job and it's something that a landlord is used to doing - along with getting the flat cleaned, giving it a new lick of paint, replacing air conditioners and suchlike.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Bloody hell, in the Philippines we pay about 7 HKD per hour! 500 per hour, that's HKD 4000 for an 8 hour day x 24 is 96,000 per month.
    Haha. While this is HK not Philippines. Please let me know if you can find a handyman with charge 7HKD/hour even for painting. I really want to know. Thanks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    This is a bit late for the OP, but I'd recommend future renters gets their landlord to fit things like curtains before they move in - make it a condition on the rental contract. The landlord won't be overly enthusiastic about doing it, but it's not a big job and it's something that a landlord is used to doing - along with getting the flat cleaned, giving it a new lick of paint, replacing air conditioners and suchlike.
    Re.the curtains, I've found that curtain shops will often put up the rails for free when you purchase curtains from them.

Hi, can anyone rent/lend me a drill for a few days? I need to put up blinds and drill through wall tiles to put up pictures and a bathroom cabinet. I haven't done this before but will find more YouTube videos as I'd rather do it myself than pay somebody or buy something I'm only going to use once or twice. Thanks

frankly speaking, i m a local. the handyman in hk costs high
    don't you think i can pay a few bucks to hire a handyman worked for me, no kidding.

i can tell you most experienced handyman is on daily basis, at least 1K, 1K something - 2k something on average, for 6 hours works.. yes, so few hundreds an hour. if you ask them for only an hour works, the tradition is you have to pay them half day / or even whole day wage.

yes they are really rich from their tough work. wish i m strong enough to do their task

there is a successful story from a young local guy. he works from 0800-2400 in a construction site daily. Day after day,
    after a few months, he earns enough to buy a car and travel , but still not enough to buy a flat in hk.

This is hk..
    if you get time and tools, better do it yourself for small task.

SalseroHK likes this.

usually calculate as daily rate
    from 800-1500HKD most of the practices.
    but if juz 1 to 2 hours, they still quote you at least $400, as they need to pay transport cost n time, and they cannot work as a full day for other contractor or client.

SalseroHK likes this.

looking for good and reliable painting services, any recommendation?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4