Like Tree10Likes

What drives Sino?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    We are not arguing about noise but about losing the facilities we pay our fees for.
    sorry for your lost. go find a place that is more suitable for you.

Mamba

Let me get this right, there's a group of people who want to fight changes to the clubhouse for facilities which are hardly used, blocking the upgrade of facilities for kids which is desperately in need, when they signed a membership contract which states that Sino can make changes without consulting them?

Here's the breakdown of fees for membership to the clubhouse.

http://www.goldcoastresidences.com.h...e2011_r1_b.pdf

Seems to be a lot of outrage over a $2760 membership fee for clubhouse facilities.

Last edited by Mamba; 12-06-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: bad preposition day
    TheBrit likes this.

Based on my analogous experiences with country club management committees back home, I think a lawyer needs to look at the membership agreement and constitutional documents to be sure. If there has been a breach, an injunction may be possible. However, an injunction is normally not easy to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    While building's management may renovate as they wish usually their pay rises must be approved by the owners' comittee. There you have your control.
    No owners committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba:
    Let me get this right, there's a group of people who want to fight changes to the clubhouse for facilities which are hardly used, blocking the upgrade of facilities for kids which is desperately in need, when they signed a membership contract which states that Sino can make changes without consulting them?

Here's the breakdown of fees for membership to the clubhouse.

http://www.goldcoastresidences.com.h...e2011_r1_b.pdf

Seems to be a lot of outrage over a $2760 membership fee for clubhouse facilities.
    Wrong clubhouse. I'm talking about the yacht and country club, not Phase 2.

And as for your comments - there are LOADS and LOADS of places they could put a larger playroom. Plenty of members have come up with great plans for other places they could expand it - but the management is "just looking at this part of the building right now" (direct quote from yesterday) rather than having a holistic plan.

Plus, the kids all use the multipurpose court. They use it for the tai kwun do and karate lessons (which now have nowhere to go); they use it for table tennis (which will be relocated to the Marina Clubhouse); they use it for mini-tennis and indoor tennis - there are more children using that court than adults.

Plus the "new" playroom won't be for the same kids as the current one. The "new" playroom is for older kids (teenagers) - which is what the parents are saying won't use it. They say their young teens want to be out and about doing their own thing, not in an organised "playroom" at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeebean:
    Based on my analogous experiences with country club management committees back home, I think a lawyer needs to look at the membership agreement and constitutional documents to be sure. If there has been a breach, an injunction may be possible. However, an injunction is normally not easy to obtain.
    Thanks. I think you are probably right. It's not like an owners committee where we actually have any rights

Mamba

Teenagers don't have anywhere to go here, if the parents had a little look round then they'd see that. You'd see the boys hanging out under the car park play fighting, the groups of kids walking aimlessly around the Piazza and sitting on the steps.

The new outdoor playground facilities are for much younger kids, when the beloved tyre swing was taken away there was nothing left.

I mentioned it in my first post, there's not a lot for older kids to do here and if the new facilities are for teenagers than bloody hell, bravo Sino for realising there's a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba:
    Teenagers don't have anywhere to go here, if the parents had a little look round then they'd see that. You'd see the boys hanging out under the car park play fighting, the groups of kids walking aimlessly around the Piazza and sitting on the steps.

The new outdoor playground facilities are for much younger kids, when the beloved tyre swing was taken away there was nothing left.

I mentioned it in my first post, there's not a lot for older kids to do here and if the new facilities are for teenagers than bloody hell, bravo Sino for realising there's a need.
    Bear in mind though that this is the country club - it's not facilities for bored youths, it's facilities for children of people who can afford the fees (and thus probably live in much larger places than "average"!). Certainly all the kids who live on the boats have loads of room and places to go. There is already the library and reading room, the karaoke room, the huge lobby area, the various other sitting areas.... plus as I noted above, even if that was not enough, they have oodles of space in the Marina clubhouse or even upstairs in the main clubhouse that could have been used, without taking away a space that everyone uses (including, as noted, a lot of children of all ages).

Mamba

Country club reasoning, good luck with the fight against injustice.

If there is an owners' fund, you can possibly consider hiring a lawyer or expert in this area to look into whether there is any avenue stated or implied in the constitution or membership agreement, by which the owners can come together to make Sino change the constitution or membership agreement. It will not solve the current problem, but would help the owners to ensure future problems don't occur. This is of course only worthwhile doing if you plan to hang around as an owner for some time to come.