Like Tree10Likes

Split type Air con, life expectancy and cleaning

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Q. on leaking freon gas. Seems to me if air not cold, then freon in short supply. But where is the most common point of leakage, is the gas under constant pressure, is the pressure considered 'high' or 'low' pressure, etc, etc and resulting in: how long can a leak remain undetected since if the gas is under constant pressure then leak will continue until tank empty and then only warm air will be circulated.
    Up to date models may use an alternative gas, freon is an older refrigerant gas.

Quote Originally Posted by papaya:
    absolutely true alexwangmn! it takes ages to schedule an appointment with daikin! They say "sorry, the best we can do" and you may spend 10 days with no aircon in master bedroom for 10 days... (happened twice!)
    daikin own the diagnostic software and firms will not pay the stupidly high price they charge for the software, so yeah if you need daikin tech it will take time and cost you (they charge the AC contractor for visits to, but no where near 2k) In most cases the AC contractor can conduct routine serving, find refrigerant leaks, etc. without daikin tech

If your aircon doesn't seem as cold as before, it could be refrigerants/freon issue, it could be a dirt issue, where the aluminium coils are covered with mould and dust etc.

Short answer to your question is depends on how big the leak is, but for small leaks, up to a couple of months.

Think the summer is just hot. Oh well. It does the job. Most of the neighbors still have their original air con but I saw someone today getting a daikin installed. Really prefer the inverter and keen to save on the electricity bill if possible. Just seems that the air is blowing at you or not. Usually too cold. Thought a central air conditioning would solve the problem. Maybe I'll wait till they die then go from there. Probably have another year or two left.