Like Tree5Likes

Wall painting - House ard 1,000sqf

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wall painting - House ard 1,000sqf

Hi there,

is there anyone that can recommend me a handy man/painting company to re-paint my house (ard 1,00sqf) ?

I have asked few quotation but the price I received are out of the ordinary (40,000-50,000HKD!!!! no need to remove old painting/wall since it's still in good condition).

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
    Gabriele

khansazid50 likes this.

You might want to reconsider the old paint ... the new paint will not stick well on an already painted surface. Old paint does need to be scraped off.

Try this guy:

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/per...yman/ad/270661

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regarding the old paint removal, this is what has been told me by a couple of person that came to see the house before quoting their prices.

And one other thing that I forgot to mention, the increased cost is often due to the painters needing to protect your furniture and often needing to do the house room by room.

And you might need two coats, so they have to come back and do a couple of days later after the first coat has dried. Then there is the woodwork around doors. Ceilings as well.

I'm not sure on how much it should be - but a bad job would be a long term annoyance.

Owner. Net is 850sqf.

The wall has been painted once more than 7 years ago and is still in good condition (no mold no peeling off etc etc). It's only a bit dirty and ruined in few places (near furniture mainly).

Paint - we would supply AURO to the painting company/handyman by ourself.

Thanks for the advice of the company in Kwai Chung.

May be what you need is a good handy man who can paint some swatches to match the color and then touch up the bits and pieces that are ruined? Not sure how well left over paint works in this case, we still have cans left over from the previous paint job we did a few years ago.

Original Post Deleted
    Do you still have the contact info? Cannot find it online.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    May be what you need is a good handy man who can paint some swatches to match the color and then touch up the bits and pieces that are ruined? Not sure how well left over paint works in this case, we still have cans left over from the previous paint job we did a few years ago.
    Add dogs and a helper, walls get scratched up quite easily. Save the old paint, make sure it is properly sealed. Helps with the annual touch ups. Plus if you do any drilling, light changes, you might want to putty those up and touch up.

If you want the house painted on the cheap, you can get something for 6-10k. I wasn't particularly happy with the quality of my paint job and I paid about 17k, and after one year, well, the wrong paint was used on the false ceiling areas, it is starting to cracked a little, some bubbling depending on location. But for the most part I think it is ok. More concerned about the helper dragging the vacuum through the hallways scratching up the walls. One area is becoming a bit noticeable.

2 coats of paint? I ended up repainting one room myself because I wanted a new colour, took 3-4 coats! (from a dark to light colour)

Tung Tai Interior Design and Decoration Co. 通達油漆公司

Not sure if these guys are any good but looks reasonable.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast