Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rob2020

Daikin A/C not working

Closed Thread

Daikin A/C not working

We've got a new Daikin split type A/C model FTXS35EVMA8. Recently it decided to stop working. Works on fan mode, but if you put it only any air conditioning mode it'll close, and a green light will flash.

We don't have the manual, and not a good enough internet connection to download! So I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before and has any suggestions??

The mould proof/cleaning lamp (green) flashes.
    The mould proof/cleaning lamp flashes to indicate that the dust box needs cleaning. After cleaning the dust box, reset the lamp.

(Resetting method)
    (1) After cleaning, connect the power cord to AC outlet or turn on the circuit breaker.
    (2) With the air conditioner in non-operation, press and hold the filter cleaning indicator (LED) reset button for about 2 seconds.
    https://www.daikin.com/products/ac/s...oubleshooting/
    Elegiaque likes this.

Great! Thank you. Any idea what the dust box is?

Did this get sorted?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Did this get sorted?
    No, and I have a feeling it's going to be some big issue....

Cleaned the filter and tried resetting it, still nothing. The filter is the only thing I can see that I can remove and clean.
    Last edited by Elegiaque; 15-08-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Original Post Deleted
    something like this seems likely. Yes, about 2 weeks. But is this the same: when we turn the remote to *any* setting other than fan, it just closes the shutters and does nothing (so its not as if hot air is still blowing out on AC setting).