Looking for Custom Furniture stores that Stock European Fabrics

Closed Thread

Post Any Custom Furniture makers who stock European imported fabrics?

I want to buy a two person couch with my own design (need custom furniture maker).

I Visited <snippy> in Horizon Plaza ApLeiChau - they had reasonable prices with the Fabric I wanted. I didn't see fabric of that style in other stores.

They said that the cloth I wanted was imported from Europe and nobody else had it in HK.

As I said, the price is reasonable, but I want to know if there are any other custom furniture stores with European imported fabric before I buy. Maybe I can get a lower price.

Do you know of any custom furniture store that carries European fabrics besides for <snip> ?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by shri; 19-08-2016 at 05:21 PM.

Post Looking for Custom Furniture stores that Stock European Fabrics

Hi all,

I want to buy a two seat couch with my own design. One store had the fabrics I wanted - they told me it was an European import product.

Before I buy, I wanted to know if there were any other custom furniture stores that stock European fabrics to see if I can get a better price.

Thanks all.

Note: I already looked at CAZ and LUXHOME

Take a look at this post.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/32/thread...ml#post2855522

Also look for cetec

The best deal will involve you finding the fabric and supplier and cutting the discount that your sofa maker gets from the supplier. Our guy bought the fabric and gave us a discount from his margin.

YP has a number of listings of Sofa 'factories' in Hong Kong.

Cut out the middle man if you can source the fabric and go to them. Many of them in Wong Chuk Hang.

Thanks a lot shri ! I'll defiantly take a look!

FYI - CETEC is here:

Cetec

Red face Is it better to buy Custom Furniture from old stores or new stores?

Hi All, I'm new to Custom furniture and would like the opinions of those who have Custom furniture experience!

I'm currently looking to design a 2 person couch through a custom furniture maker.

I haven't yet decided which company I will be working with, and am looking to narrow my search.

In general, is it better to buy from really old companies ( 20+ years? like ArtDeco, LUXHOME, Joineur)

Middle Age companies(10+ DSL, CAZ)

Or fresh new companies?

Is age even a factor I should consider? I've heard horror stories of showroom pieces being much better quality than the delivered product - and I'm thinking older companies most likely won't pull that sort of thing since they need to preserve their consumer base. Also I imagine their infrastructure is much better - which means less hassle for me.

On the other hand, newer companies may offer me lower prices or deals, as they are trying to build customer base. (i acutally know nothing about furniture business, I'm just guessing)

Any advice is appreciated, Thanks all!

Older companies have older staff, older owners and have to pay them more.

Newer companies might be more willing to cut corners - all good and bad.

Nothing to do with building customer bases etc.

Dirty little secret - these places with showrooms and fancy addresses do not manufacture themselves. They send their orders to China or to factories in dirty industrial areas around town. Save your self some time and pick up the yellow pages and start calling some of the places - they're not online, they're not on facebook, but have been making furniture for decades.

Curious - how much are you trying to save?

You've been posting about this for the last couple of days, and I hope it is worth it - or are you trying to build a profile on the forums and will eventually recommend some awesome super-duper hipster place that hired you as their social media manager? Just saying...

Last edited by shri; 19-08-2016 at 05:37 PM.

I'll be moving to HK soon, and My current furniture in the US is no-go for HK size apartments. I need to buy new furniture and I'm posting like crazy out of nervousness (sorry about that) . And I wanted to know where was the best place to get custom furniture. I need to break my IKEA addiction .

I just really hate the feeling of after purchasing something - finding the same exact thing for half price and better quality a week later. It feels like bitter defeat

I should really hire myself out to a company as the social media manager!! I wonder how much they would pay me for pestering Knowledgeable people like you ( Thanks so much for answering all my questions -really appreciate the info )

You're Right, If I flood the forums too much the Admins might think i'm advertising and I'll get banned.

I will defiantly check out the the Chinese companies on YellowPages as you've suggested. Thanks for all your input!!

*I should have figured that Nobody has a furniture factory in HK. considering how outrageous the rent is :/

Its ok ... we do have furniture companies, including the one that you've mentioned spam us every now and then. Just incase you've started working for one of them, it is in our spam checks.